might wish to prepare their own topics, request topics from the group, use the
following suggested topics, or mix and match all three.
1. Whatever we do in and of ourselves apart from grace was
described as the “weak link” in the salvation chain. Why?
2. Our salvation is bound up in the “100% divine agency of
Jesus Christ.” Please comment.
3. Share your views on, “God’s grace frees us from our human agency, it
doesn’t undermine it.”
4. How does “doing our part” mess up our Christian freedom when it becomes
5. “In Christ’s vicarious humanity, he believed, repented, and obeyed in our
place.” Please share your thoughts.
6. Why does the concordance method not work? Why do you have to look at the
“entire fabric” of scripture to get it?
7. Why is it crucial for preventing pastor burnout to know that Christ is
the High Priest?
8. Why is it futile to place the
burden of making disciples on our own shoulders?
A few simple
guidelines for leading a discussion: 1) Encourage open discussion. 2) Ask
questions relevant to the topic. 3) Listen attentively. 4) Encourage divergent
views. 5) Encourage everyone to participate. 6) Summarize and paraphrase. 7)
Minimize teaching and preaching.