PLEASE download the Membership Application Form and ALSO ATTACH the following:
- Three (3) industry references complete with name, address and telephone; (not necessarily BCWCA members)
- Three (3) completed projects undertaken by your company, including date of completion.
Please send the completed application to the BCWCA office by fax at 604-575-0544.
To promote, foster, and improve industry apprenticeship, training, and technical transfer within the Wall and Ceiling industry at levels and by methods appropriate to the Membership and the construction industry.
Members of the British Columbia Wall and Ceiling Association will conduct their business in accordance with the following:
- Promote the use of quality products and systems, furnished and installed by reliable and responsible contractors with a skilled trained labour force.
- Be aware of the Association's policies with respect to specifications standards, established tolerances, and competitive practices.
- Abide by the Association's Constitution and Bylaws, and Code of Ethics.
- Respect the principles, rules and procedures of the bid depository, where these rules are in effect.
- Abide by the legislation, building codes and bylaws in effect in the Province of British Columbia.
- Recognize the need for the welfare of members' employees, including their occupational health and safety and adopt policies and action to ensure this.
- Employ skilled and qualified trades persons, and support the development of a skilled workforce through apprenticeship training and continuing education.
- Cooperate with one another so that membership in the BC Wall and Ceiling Association is seen by others as being synonymous with conducting business on the basis of accuracy, truth, integrity, and good faith.
The Association offers assistance to its various members in many forms.
Benefits to Contractors
Contracts are assisted with technical information and specifications, Code related issues, workmanship standards, industry recommendations, and manufacturers literature. Field assistance with inspections is available to member firms.
Benefits to Dealers/Suppliers
Dealers/Supplies are kept informed on technical and Code matters, given a forum to reach the trade contractors, assistance with job-related problems, and promotion of materials and products for the industry.
Benefits to Manufacturers, and Manufacturers Representatives
Manufacturers, and Manufacturers Representatives are provided with a forum to reach the contractors, officials, specifiers and users of their products, are kept informed of code and technical information, receive assistance with job-related problems, and have a common source to deal with industry-wide issues.
Meetings and Publications
Monthly Chapter Meetings, the Annual NWCB Wall and Ceiling Industries Convention, and various industry seminars provide members with knowledgeable information and affords regular personal contact with contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and many other peers in the industry.
In-house seminars and educational courses are available through the Association. Topics include Interior Finishing, Exterior Cladding and Business Management. Courses covering other subject areas are being developed.
There are golf tournaments, conventions held at various of scenic locations as well as an annual Christmas dinner and dance party. All of these are fun filled events to enjoy and relax while getting to know the other members.
The Association offers general advice and consultation on industry recommendations and standards in a non-proprietary manner. Design and Engineering Professionals, Inspection Agencies, and General Contractors rely on the Association for technical support
The Association has a growing resource centre with a selection of manufacturers and general technical literature and a selection of industry videos.
is the BC Wall and Ceiling trade publication. Published continuously since 1953, it provides the industry at large with an informative package of information, and is published bi-monthly. Association membership includes a complimentary subscription to this trade magazine.
BCWCA - Membership Category and Annual Fee Schedule
Contractors - $700
Platinum - $7,500
Gold - $5,000
Silver - $3,500
Bronze - $2,000
Major Suppliers/Dealers - $1,800 per chapter geographical location
Associate Members - $700