Small Business Assistance Program
Do you require a loan to help start-up, maintain, or expand your business in the Sea to Sky Corridor - including Squamish, Whistler & Pemberton areas?
If you do, then talk to Community Futures Howe Sound about the Small Business Assistance (SBA) Program. This program is designed to provide current or emerging businesses, located within the Sea to Sky corridor, with financial support necessary for business start-up or business expansion.
Self Employment Program
Are you interested in starting your own business in the Sea to Sky Corridor?
If you are, then talk to Community Futures about the Self-Employment Program. This program is designed to provide current EI or recent EI claimants with working capital or supplemental income while starting a new business in the Sea to Sky Corridor including Squamish, Whistler and Pemberton areas. As a client of this program, you will have access to free business counseling, assistance writing a business plan, training workshops on key business topics, and assistance through mentoring.
Who can apply?
- People currently receiving EI through a local claim;
- People who have received a local EI claim within the last 3 years; and have not returned to full-time employment
- People who have received maternity EI benefits within the last 5 years; and have not returned to full-time employment
- Your business must be located within the Sea to Sky Corridor;
- You must be a resident of the Sea to Sky Corridor -- which includes Lions Bay, Britannia Beach, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Mt. Currie, Birken, and D'Arcy.
Squamish Nation Small business Office (SN SBO) and CFDC of Howe Sound have partnered to provide a public access location that provides aboriginal entrepreneurs with aboriginal-specific business resource material. This is further supported with Internet accessibility that assists them to undertake comprehensive business research.