Eyeware Services from InSightFul Visions
eye exams, Eyeglass Frame, Lens Evaluation
Focused in Eye Care
Our highly trained Doctors of Optometry have spent many years training to achieve their credentials and have continued to devote themselves to exceeding their mandatory continuing education requirements.
- Routine Eye Health and Comprehensive Vision Examinations
- Contact Lens Evaluations/Recommendations
- Depth Perception, Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Contrast Sensitivity
- Digital Imaging of the External, Surface and Internal Structures of the Eye
- Detection, Treatment and Management of Ocular Disease, including Cataracts, Diabetes, Glaucoma,
- Macular Degeneration and Low Vision
- Eye Infection, Inflammation, Dry Eye Syndrome and Other Related Treatments
- Laser Refractive Surgery Consultation, Referral and Pre- & Post-Operative Care
- Pre- & Post-Operative Care for Cataract, Laser and Anterior Segment Surgery
- On-site Co-management and Referral for Ophthalmology Services
- Occupational Vision Plans OVP - Industrial Safety Eyewear
Focused in Eye Wear
Our Opticians are highly trained and skilled in the art of eyeglass frame fitting as well as in the science of lens manufacturing. Historical in exceeding the required continuing education requirements, they are committed to keeping up to date with the continual technical changes in lens designs and frame styles.
- On Site Spectacle Finishing Lab, with one hour service
- Customized Spectacle Lens and Frame Modifications
- Premium Quality Lens Designs, Materials and Coatings
- Exclusive licensed agreements with Brand Name Frame Collections, with limited editions offered on each frame model
- Extensive Selection of Sunglasses for Every Age
- Ready Readers, Sports and Motorcycle Wear, Swim Goggles
- A Wide Selection of Optical Accessories
- Contact Lens Fitting Including Follow Up Care
- Low Vision Assessments with a Large Selection of Magnifiers
Our Fees, Programs & Insurance Billing MSP Coverage for Eye Exams
0-18 years of age have coverage generally once a year; the user fee is outlined in fee schedule
19-64 years of age generally have no routine coverage, however if one of the following issues are present coverage may be allowed with a user fee.
Health disease related to eyes
Injury to your eyes or contact lens complications
Medications that may cause vision changes.
65 + years of age generally have coverage with MSP once a year the user fee is outlined in the fee schedule.
|Patient ||No MSP ||With MSP |
|Child (up to 12 yrs) ||$45 ||$0 |
|Teen/Adult (13-30 yrs) ||$75 ||$30 |
|Adult (31+ yrs) ||$90 ||$45 |
|Senior Discount 15% (-$14.00) ||$76 ||$31
|Low Income DIA/PBC || ||$20 |
A comprehensive examination includes refraction, binocular vision, ocular health and colour vision assessments, pressure check, dilation, and retinal photography as indicated. One follow-up examination within one month is included if necessary. Normally, full examination recommended every 1-2 years.
Refraction, Biomicroscopy or Dilation only $40
(must be within 1 yr of a full exam)
Contact Lens Evaluation
A contact lens evaluation includes an assessment of the fit and condition of contact lenses, the shape and regularity of the corneal surface, and tear film integrity. Required annually.
- Contact Lens Evaluation at time of full exam - add $25
- Contact Lens Evaluation only - $35
- Contact Lens Evaluation with Refraction - $50
- Contact Lens Fitting - $35
*MSP currently pays $44.83 for a full examination, and $21.64 for a partial examination.
Forms and Reports
- Forms - $15
- Reports, per page - $25
**Exception: there is no charge for medical referral letters or letters requested by a school.**
Laser assessment includes a comprehensive examination including cycloplegia and dilation plus corneal topography, corneal pachymetry and all forms.
- Pre-operative Assessment - $150
- Post-operative Follow-up - per visit $80
Eyewear Direct Billing Programs
Ministry of Human Resources
Department of Indian Affairs
Healthy Kids Program
Kids in Care Program
Eyewear Insurance Billing
We are happy to provide direct billing to insurance companies, whenever allowed, currently only two providers allow assignment of benefits.
- Manitoba Blue Cross
Preferred Vision Service
We are the only PVS registered provider on the Sunshine Coast, this entitles all insurance card members with extended health benefits from the providers listed below who are listed under the PVS umbrella immediate savings at the point of purchase.
- Great West Life Assurance Company
- Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Manulife Financial
- Sun Life Financial
We encourage you to visit
to obtain further information.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011
, Eyeglass Frame
, Lens Evaluation