SUN-DRIED TOMATO SAUSAGE PASTA WITH CHÈVRE
1 lb. pkg. FLETCHER’S Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage dinner links
20 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
1 tsp. olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. finely chopped sweet onion
3 cups low fat, low salt chicken stock
1 lb. fettuccine or spaghetti
4 oz. creamy chèvre cheese
1. Pre-cook sausages following package directions. Cut each sausage into 8 pieces. Drain sun-dried tomatoes. Cut into thin strips. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan, and slowly sauté garlic and onion for 1 minute. Be careful not to scorch the garlic.
3. Add tomatoes and stock. Vigorously boil until stock reduces by half, about 10 minutes.
4. Add sausages, reduce to a slow boil for 5 minutes.
5. In the meantime, cook pasta in a large amount of boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
6. Serve sauce over pasta. Garnish with chèvre.
• For variation, choose FLETCHER’S Hot or Mild Italian Pork or Tomato Basil Chicken sausage dinner links.
• Replace oil-packed sun-dried tomato with dried version. Re-hydrate by pouring boiling water over tomatoes, and let stand about 20 minutes until soft.
• Replace all or a portion of the chicken stock with low or salt-free vegetable stock.
• Replace chèvre cheese with another distinct-flavored cheese such as Asiago, Parmesan, or Romano.