SOUTHWESTERN STYLE SAUSAGE PIZZA
3.3 oz. pkg. Pork Sausage breakfast links, casings removed
1 tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. chili powder
12 inch thin pizza crust
1 cup frozen corn kernels
4 green onions, sliced (1/2 cup)
½ large red bell pepper, 2-inch thin strips (1 cup)
¾ cup chunky salsa
9 oz. (3 cups) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. Remove casings from sausage and crumble meat. In a non-stick skillet, pan fry on medium heat until lightly browned, and minimum internal temperature of 160° F is reached (about 15 to 20 minutes). Drain on paper towels and season with cumin and chili powder.
2. Preheat oven to 475° F with rack in lowest position.
3. Pour corn kernels into a sieve and thaw under running water. Drain on paper towels.
4. For a very crisp crust, place crust on pan, and bake while preparing vegetables. Remove from oven to add toppings. Lightly brush edges with olive oil.
5. Spread ¼ cup of the salsa evenly up to the edges of the crust.
6. Layer with ground sausage meat, corn, then peppers.
7. Top with cheese.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese and crust bottom are lightly browned.
9. Generously brush surface with olive oil. Cool 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with reserved salsa.
• For variation, choose Fletcher’s Ground Pork or Ground Mild Italian Sausage
• Hot salsa is best with Ground Pork
• If crust is not pre-warmed, increase baking time to 12 minutes.