SAUSAGE SANDWICH NEW ORLEANS STYLE
½ cup Creole or Dijon mustard
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
few drops Tabasco sauce
1 lb. pkg. FLETCHER’S Tomato Basil Chicken
Sausage dinner links
5 Crusty bread/ rolls, pita pockets or tortilla wraps
“FIXIN’S” 1 sweet bell, Poblano, or other hot peppers
shredded cabbage or Romaine/ Iceberg lettuce
thinly sliced sweet onion
dill pickle slices
1. In a small bowl blend sauce ingredients. Set aside.
2. Partially cook sausages in a non-stick skillet with ¼ to ½ cup water. Cover. Cook for about 8 minutes on medium heat, until internal meat temperature reaches 140° F to 150° F.
3. Finish links on a moderately hot (medium-low) clean grill, and gently slowly brown links until minimum internal meat temperature reaches 160° F.
4. Slice lengthwise.
5. Let everyone assemble a sandwich to their own taste!
• For variation, choose FLETCHER’S Sweet Italian Chicken, Mild or Hot Italian Pork or RedHook Bratwurst sausage dinner links.
• Delicious with pan-fried sausages. Replace steps 2 and 3 above with the simple cooking instructions on package.