BRATS, CARAMELIZED ONIONS, AND BEER
1 lb. Fletcher’s RedHook Bratwurst Sausages
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced into rings
12 oz. dark beer, ale or Guinness
2 bay leaves
1 Tbsp. coarse grainy mustard
1. Pre-cook sausages following package directions. Set aside.
2. Wipe frying pan. Add oil, and cook and stir onions on medium-low heat until nicely browned and very soft, about 15 minutes.
3. Deglaze with beer. Add bay leaves and mustard.
4. Return sausages to pan, cook uncovered at a slow boil until liquid is reduced, about 20 minutes.
• Serve with mashed potatoes, OR reduce liquid further, split sausages and serve on