Dedicated Customer Services
SPS Dedicated Services provides a broad portfolio of dedicated services with unique, customized transportation and logistics solutions, tailored to meet our client’s specific needs. Dedicated service is invaluable to our clients, regardless of location, fleet size or application. Diversification is our strength, with proven expertise in the following:
SPS Logistics Inc. uses a comprehensive network of truckload carriers, operating coast-to-coast throughout the continental United States, Canada and Mexico. From a “one-way” delivery service, to continuous, “around the clock” type movements, or using our “Secured Trailer” program, SPS Logistics Inc. can keep your products moving! Our unique combination of single and team drivers, domiciled at our strategic locations nationwide, assures our clients quick response and flexibility - regardless of load size or frequency - wherever they may need us. We are proud of our reputation as a premier provider and the recognition we’ve earned over the years for performance and innovation.
Customer receives the security that no one has access to their shipment once the “rod seal” is attached at time of shipping.
- Provides documentation that may be required by governmental regulations regarding the movement, handling, and security of your shipment.
- Provides a shipper (who may be plagued with consistent consignee shortage claims) with a method for rebuking these claims.
- Provides the entire shipping network a method of determining where a potential security breach may have taken place.
- Provides another mechanism to deter theft.
- Added protection for your freight, until it reaches the consignee.
- Ensures that you have exclusive use of the trailer.
- Have confidence when working with one of the nation's largest and most experienced truckload carriers.
- Increase equipment availability.. even at the end of the month
- Choose the equipment right for you:
- Use of either a 48' to 53' dry or reefer van
- Use of 28' pups and gain up to 16' more capacity
- Trailers can be spotted at your location--based on your schedule--giving you extra time to load or unload
- Sealed Trailer quotes are good up to 30 days-lock in a competitive rate and plan through the end of the month
- Real-time shipment tracking
We offer high-speed LTL service for dry and temperature controlled goods and feature consistent 98% on-time service, 99.6% claim free shipments/0.4% claims ratio, and a pro-active tracing process. We include the following:
- Preferred 100% over-the-road regional, inter-regional and national LTL and TL service
- We can customize a a program to meet your requirements
- We connect key North American markets with reliable two-day, three-day and coast-to-coast shipping services.
- Seamless less-than-truckload (LTL) transportation is provided throughout Canada, Mexico, and the U.S.
- One-stop shopping for all freight transportation needs
- Simplicity, convenience and reliability that comes with one providerr whose network serves all three North American countries
- Single-carrier responsibility from pickup to delivery
- Single-company contact for all shipping arrangements
- Knowledgeable customer service professionals
- Border ambassadors on site at the border crossing
- Centralized customer service for shipping between the countries of North America
- Customer service representatives
- Real-time shipment tracking
- More coverage in Canada and Mexico than any other provider.
- Our shipments usually cross the border into Mexico, one full day faster than our competition!
SPS Logistics Inc. handles customer loads from door-to-door, utilizing established relationships with major railroads, equipment providers, and trucking suppliers. Our goal is to provide customers with a seamless, on-time move, from shipper to receiver, with up-to-date status / information and only one invoice for our customer.
SPS Logistics Inc. has a proven track record for successful development and implementation of rail-oriented solutions, by providing a variety of rail-based products that are designed to minimize transportation expenditures, as well as the complexities of shipping via the rail.
Dedicated rail services from SPS will optimize your supply chain and save you one full day off transit times, to and from the West Coast.
The SPS Rail program has access to a fleet of high-volume 53' containers -- the industry's highest volume cubic capacity - enabling you to switch from rail to road or back again. These containers are designed to allow the shipper to fit as many as 26 to 28 pallets per container! This allows the shipper to ship 10-15% more product when comparing equipment used by other carriers. Double stacking of these containers on the rail means optimal capacity and efficiency for the railroads, allowing us to lower your transportation costs.
SPS Rail makes rail a smart option for your transportation needs.
- More control, door-to-door, with a dedicated train, SPS selected-operated drayage and ramps for improved visibility and on-time service
- Increased supply chain visibility with a dedicated train at the terminal
- The peace of mind that comes with unmatched capacity levels
- Ensured capacity for surge and special promotions
- Maximized supply chain efficiency with more options for capacity and service.
- Live loading or unloading, drop and pull, select from a pool..you choose your needs.
- Your shipment will arrive on time, anywhere it needs to be, with SPS's access to all four major Class I railroads.
- 53' container design provides 10-15 percent more shipping capacities than competitors' containers - each container is capable of handling 26-26 pallets of your product.
- Container or trailer option offers seamless truck-to-train movements and provides faster, more cost-effective service.
- Complete flexibility in planning your shipment with national or regional client service management
SPS Logistics Inc. provides a variety of international service levels, giving customers flexible, yet cost-effective worldwide air freight options. These options are tied together with global information systems that provide full shipment tracking and transit visibility throughout the transportation and distribution process.
Principal air cargo capabilities include:
- Global network, service to over 100 countries
- Scheduled consolidation services
- Flexible delivery options
- Airport to Airport, Door to Door, or combination
- Expedited and staged consignments
- Oversized cargo
- Cargo consolidation / deconsolidation
- Airfreight logistics / carrier management
SPS’s Airfreight service levels include:
- Direct, fastest service available with dedicated customer service group
- Flight specific with 2-3 days expedited transit times
- Standard consolidation service with a balance of transit and cost
As a traditional Ocean Transportation provider, SPS Logistics Inc. offers its customers flexible service options for ocean freight transportation. Our ocean services encompass capabilities for handling less-than-container load (LCL) and full-container load (FCL) shipments, break-bulk options and charter services.
By utilizing volume contracts with major steamship lines, SPS Logistics Inc. obtains value-based pricing, with consistent availability. Service flexibility is assured through regular weekly sailing schedules and multiple departure options to match your supply chain requirements. Shippers have access to more than 200 ports-of-call in our global consolidation network, with service maximized throughout a network of strategic ocean export gateways, located in:
- North America: Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, New York and Miami
- Asia: China, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore
- Europe: Belgium, Germany and United Kingdom
- Latin America: Argentina, Peru, Venezuela, Brazil and Chile
- Complete FCL and LCL service
- FCL contract management
- LCL container consolidation/deconsolidation
- Through service single bill of lading
- Container management
- Single or multiple vendor consolidation and distribution
- Multi-modal service; full service transportation management