Ionocom is well-equipped to conduct most design and development work with a
comprehensive set of digital, base-band and RF test equipment.
Below is a selection of just the major items.
Prospecive clients are welcome to see our equipment and facilities during an
RF Test Equipment
- HP 4396A Network/Spectrum Analyser (to 2.4GHz with range extender)
- HP 87512A Transmission/Reflection Test Set
- HP 8566B Spectrum Analyser (22GHz)
- HP 85024A High-Frequency Probe
- HP 8901B Modulation Analyser
- Marconi 6960B RF Power meter
- Fluke 607xA RF Signal Generators
- HP 8657A RF Signal Generators
- Marconi 2022 RF Signal Generator
- Marconi 2040 RF Signal Generator, Low Phase Noise
Digital Test Equipment
- Tektronix TDS744A Digital Storage Oscilloscopes, 4-Channel, 400MHz
- Philips PM3585 Logic Analyser, 200MHz
- HP 4951C Communications Protocol Analyser
Audio Test Equipment
- HP 8903B Audio Analyser
- Stanford SR780 Audio Spectrum (FFT) Analyser
Environmental Test Equipment
- Thermotron S-1.2C Environmental Chamber, -73C to +177C, 1.2 cubic feet
Other meters, power supplies, counters,
loads, signal generators, scopes and analysers are also available.
All Ionocom's core RF test equipment is HPIB controllable. We have
extensive experience writing and using automated test programs, using a variety
of tools, including writing automated programs for regulatory compliance testing.
All Ionocom's test equipment used for performance verification can be calibrated
to NIST-traceable standards.
We have facilities to produce prototype units, including leaded and surface
mount assembly equipment. We can handle large leaded parts and surface mount
parts down to 0402 size and beyond. We have a large 40x stereo microscope to
assist with surface mount assembly, rework and inspection. Our work area is
- Sherline 5400 Vertical Mill
We have a workshop area equipped with a small vertical mill and various other tools
that allow us to fabricate small mechanical piece parts and to machine enclosures for