As a clinical services company, Active Orthopaedic specializes in physical assessment of the human body and treating and preventing painful or debilitating conditions resulting from abnormalities or limited actions of the feet and lower limbs. Our treatment methods are entirely non-invasive and vary based on individual needs but include custom casted and designed foot orthotics, custom and therapeutic bracing products, footwear consultation, and soft-tissue management products.
We are a registered provider and offer direct billing for patients with Canadian Forces, Veterans Affairs Canada, and the RCMP.
Services available by appointment:
- Pedorthic assessment
- Time required: 60 mins (for biomechanical assessment & gait analysis); 90 mins (for biomechanical assessment & gait analysis w/F-scan pressure mapping)
- Cost: $100 (60 mins); $150 (90 mins)
- Detailed medical history
- Gait analysis/video gait analysis
- Assessment of lumbo-pelvic stability and balance
- Joint range-of-motion testing of the feet and ankles
- Soft-tissue palpation and range-of-motion testing
- Assessment of current footwear and consultation on future footwear needs
- F-scan pressure mapping (additional 30 mins)
- Lower-limb myofascial release techniques consultation
- Time required: 30 minutes
- Cost: $50
- Medical history
- Soft-tissue range-of-motion testing and palpation
- Education on techniques/methods for addressing myofascial tension at home
- Registered Massage Therapy (practitioner: Douglas Zacker, RMT)
- Cost: based on appointment length
30 mins ($55); 45 mins ($80); 60 mins ($100); 75 mins ($125); 90 mins ($150)
To book any of these services, please contact us at 604 568 0875.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011