Keary Physiotherapy Clinic | New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada - breast cancer rehabilitation
Keary Physiotherapy Clinic
Physiotherapy, breast cancer, exercise program
Boomeritis: How Physiotherapy Can Help
November 30th, 2011
Aging used to go like this: get older, then slow down. For boomers, aging now goes like this: get older, use free time to speed up, train for a triathlon or two, get knee surgery to fix various sports injuries, keep going as long as possible. Are you experiencing elbow pain during gripping, shoulder pain [..]
Osteoporosis Awareness: Tips on How to Minimize Your Risk
November 1st, 2011
What is osteoporosis? When people think of osteoporosis, they often imagine a frail elderly woman, stooped in posture and slow in her movements. What may surprise them is the fact that osteoporosis affects both men and women, of all ages. One in four women and one in eight men are afflicted with this condition.Another common [..]
The Keary Difference
"I have been at Keary Physio for 20+ years and they are always ready to help with any and all areas as needed. They always make you feel like family." - Pauline Pitfield
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
You are here:
» Breast Cancer Rehabilitation
At Keary Physiotherapy, our physiotherapists have many years of experience and extensive post-graduate training in providing care for women with breast cancer. We take the time to listen to all of your questions and concerns during what is often a challenging time in your life. We provide therapy for all the physical changes taking place in your body as a result of chemotherapy, radiation, and/or surgery.
Who would benefit from breast cancer rehabilitation?
If you experience any of the following symptoms, you could benefit from seeing a Keary physiotherapist who specializes in breast cancer rehabilitation:
- Pain and/or stiffness in the affected limb and/or neck area
- Loss of mobility in upper limb and/or neck
- Swelling or fullness in upper limb, trunk or side
- Post-surgical adhesions or scar thickening
- Fatigue or weakness in the upper body or overall
- Difficulty returning to work and/or recreational activities due to deconditioning
What type of treatment can you expect?
You will receive your physiotherapy treatment in a private and comfortable environment. Depending on your specific rehab needs, you and your physiotherapist have the option of 20, 40, or 60-minute sessions to address your treatment goals. Your physiotherapist will:
- Prescribe a safe and individualized exercise program to help regain mobility, strength, or endurance.
- Use manual techniques such as stretching, manual lymph drainage, and/or scar massage.
- Provide you education on tools for lifestyle management.
, Elbow Pain
, exercise program
, Frail Elderly
, Knee Surgery
, shoulder pain
Contact Keary Physiotherapy Clinic
Email - none provided
Print this page