You are either using a web browser that is non-compliant with current open standards, or
you have disabled stylesheets for viewing this page.
While you are able to view our content, you are not seeing our website as it was designed.
We would encourage you to use a Standards Compliant Web Browser and enable stylesheets
to get the most of your online experience.
To find out more about open web standards, and getting a Standards Compliant Web
Browser, please visit the
Thank you for supporting our efforts to improve the standardization of web-based technologies.
John R Pritchard, Web Solutions Expert
Software & Web
of population monitoring and impact assessment programs for wildlife, fisheries, and plant species.
- Pre and post development impact and monitoring studies.
- Assessment of monitoring programs.
- Use of power analysis and Monte Carlo simulation to evaluate the efficiency of existing projects and design future projects.
of DNA mark-recapture inventory and monitoring projects.
of ecological data using newer statistical methods designed to meet the attributes and assumptions of field data sets.
and monitoring using cutting edge methodologies:
- Mark-recapture methods for open and closed populations using program MARK.
- Line transect, point counts, and related methods using program DISTANCE.
- Analysis of count data using robust methods such as generalized linear models.
Biological hypothesis driven mark-recapture and survival analysis
to test hypothesis regarding factors affecting population trend and demography using information theoretic methods
Habitat selection and occupancy models
to determine resources most selected by wildlife species
Data-driven population viability analysis
to evaluate conservation and research strategies for bird and mammal species.
Home range estimation
and analysis of habitat selection from radio telemetry data.
Teaching and workshops
Development of interactive statistical programs for teaching purposes.
Appraisal and evaluation
of inventory projects, reports and manuals.
of areas for wildlife and plant species.
of large and small mammals, amphibians, birds, and fish.
Activity monitoring and location determination from aircraft and field locations.
of wildlife species including small and large mammals, amphibians, birds and fish.
and call surveys for waterfowl, songbird, and raptor species.
Fisheries habitat assessment
- Lake and stream surveys
- Watershed assessment and restoration
- Fish population estimation and habitat analysis
- Advanced orienteering (GPS, access planning, route finding)
- Ski expeditions, snowmobiles, and ATV motorcycles
- Extended fieldwork in remote wilderness areas
More detailed qualification statements and resumes are available upon request. Just
. Thank you.