Assessment, Intervention & Co-Morbidities
Vancouver, BC, 2012, February 12 to 15th (register below)
Note: This workshop is open to anyone wanting to learn skills to work with couples using the Gottman method and is also a prerequisite to the Gottman Certification Level 3.
Deepen your understanding of Gottman Method Couples Therapy … and expand your strategies and interventions in your work with couples.
You will receive personalized coaching from Darren and Lawrence and from Senior Certified Gottman Therapists as you participate in experiential exercises and learn how to incorporate the research-based Assessment and Intervention Methods into your clinical practice.
Professional Development & Practical Immersion
In these four days you will:
- Experience interactive presentations with Darren and Lawrence
- Practice using Assessments and Interventions in group role-plays
- Engage the presenters in vital dialogue and receive personalized coaching
- View demonstration films
- Participate in extensive discussions with Senior Certified Gottman Therapists and clinicians from around the world
- Become skilled in using our 550 page Level 2 Clinical Manual which now includes revised Gottman Core Assessments, Gottman Supplemental Assessments and more than 50 Gottman Interventions
- Gain insight as to when to use these methods and when couples therapy is contraindicated
- Gain confidence in using the techniques through personal immersion
- Basics of Observation Assessment – Sessions 1, 2, 3 Core Assessment Questionnaires
- Intervention – Philosophy and Goals
- Interventions – Managing Conflict
- Interventions – Strengthening Friendship and Romance
- Interventions – Minimizing Relapse
- Co-Morbidities – Case Studies in PTSD, Affairs, DV, Depression, Addictions
- View demonstration films
- Participants will be able to: Assess a couple’s “Friendship Profile,” “Conflict Profile,” and “Shared Meanings Profile.”
- Develop interventions that couples can use as antidotes to the “Four Horsemen.”
- Help couples to soothe physiological flooding.
- Apply six modes of changing the “Attack/Defend System” in a couple’s interactions.
- Assist couples in establishing dialogue about their grid-locked conflicts.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples deepen their “Friendship System” with rituals of connection.
- Select and implement interventions to help couples create a shared system of values and meaning
- Identify and implement five different co-morbidities common to couples using Gottman Couples Therapy Assessment and Intervention
Vancouver, BC 2012, February 12-15 (register below)
The cost: Regular $1300
Early Registration $1100 per person which includes morning and afternoon snacks. (HST will be added to all costs) *please note cancellation policy below. (Payment plan is available, please call to give a deposit)
Student Group rates for early registration. $1000 pp for 1-4 and $900 for 5 or more. PLEASE CALL (HST will be added to all costs)
Time: 8:30 to 5:00 all four days. Registration 8:15 am .
Register online now! or call 604-539-5277 for more information.
1. Choose 1. By Jan 1, 2012 $1,100.00 plus HST
2. Choose 2. After Jan 1, 2012 $1,300.00 plus HST
Please enter phone number below or we have no way of getting in contact with you!
Continuing Edutation: This course is approved for 27 CE credits through The Gottman Institute.
Satisfactory Completion: Participants must have paid tuition fee, signed in, attended the entire seminar, completed an evaluation, and signed out in order to receive a certificate. Failure to sign in or out will result in forfeiture of credit for the entire course. No exceptions will be made. Partial credit is not available.
- APA — The Gottman Institute, Inc. (TGI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. TGI maintains responsibility for the program. The program is offered for 27 CE credits for psychologists.
- NBCC — The Gottman Institute, Inc. is an NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
- California BBS — Course meets the qualifications for 27 hours of continuing education credit for MFTs and/or LCSWs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Please Note: Licensing Boards change regulations often, and while we attempt to stay abreast of their most recent changes, if you have questions or concerns about this course meeting your specific board’s approval, we recommend you contact your board directly to obtain a ruling.
* Refund Policy: Refund (minus $50 administrative fee) when canceling 30 days prior to the workshop. After this date credit will be given to attend a future workshop.