Dr Luc Magne ~ Vancouver Island's dentist for kids
Magne Luc Dr
dentistry, teeth, Sedation
| || |
| Diagnostic services |
Before providing dental treatment, Dr Luc Magne and his team get to know their young patients--and their families. This involves:
Expert guidance of behaviour
- taking a detailed medical, dental and family history;
- completing a thorough head, neck and oral examination;
- if necessary, taking dental radiographs.
Sensitive and affectionate management of a child's fear, anxiety or pain is the foundation of our treatment approach. We use consistent yet adaptable methods of behaviour guidance that are scientifically proven. Preventative dentistry
Healthy smiles - healthy children. We offer:
Some children may not accept treatment in the office. In these cases we offer:
- effective toothbrushing and flossing instruction;
- nutritional information about diet and dental diseases;
- dental cleanings (scaling and polishing);
- preventive treatment for oral habits;
- space maintainers;
- fluoride treatments in office and for home;
- dental sealants
- Sedation and Anesthesia
Keeping your child safe and comfortable during their dental treatment is a responsibility which we take very seriously. Children do feel pain. We recommend local anesthesia for all invasive dental procedures. We are certified and fully qualified to provide:
- nitrous oxide and oxygen inhalational sedation;
- oral sedatives;
- intramuscular (IM) and intravenous conscious sedation.
- dental treatment under general anesthesia in the hospital or private surgical centre.
For small cavities in primary or permanent teeth:
For extensively decayed primary teeth which will not hold a filling:
- tooth-coloured, preventive resin fillings;
- fluoride releasing white fillings;
Interceptive orthodontic treatment
- stainless steel crowns for back teeth;
- tooth-coloured resin crowns for front and back teeth.
Pediatric dentists have in-depth knowledge of the growth and development of your child's teeth, mouth and face. We can correct simple abnormalities in tooth and jaw position using removable or fixed orthodontic appliances. Root canal treatment/pulp therapy
Some primary or permanent teeth require treatment of infection inside the tooth or jaw. This treatment helps to retain the natural tooth which, in the long run, means natural function, natural appearance and less costly treatment over the long term.
Contact Magne Luc Dr
Email - none provided
Print this page