Balanced Air Fume Hood
Widely used in hospitals, industrial labs and research facilities, the Balanced Air Fume Hood controls the
air velocity through the hood. With conventional hoods, face velocity becomes excessive when the sash is
at a lower position, disturbing the work being conducted inside the hood. This inconvenience is reduced
with the balanced air fume hood because it maintains a more constant face velocity. When the sash is
lowered, air is fed through the louvered top section as well as through the aerodynamic airfoil located under
the sash creating a sweeping air movement at the work surface to reduce dead-air pockets and air
turbulence at the work surface front.
These upper and lower bypasses allow the hood to be effectively purged while the work inside remains undisturbed.
These hoods are designed to be mounted to a 30” deep 11/4” thick counter top.
- Generous 261/2” interior depth
- Tall front opening view height of 673/4” with standard 36’’ base cabinets
- Vertical rising sash
- Upper and lower by passes
- Aerodynamic air foil with electrical cord access
- Factory set interior baffles
- Fluorescent lamp, light switch and two duplex electrical outlets 120V/15A with internal wiring to a junction box
- Front corner posts & interior side panels pre-punched to accept up to 10 plumbing fixtures
- Removable and easily replaceable interior access panel in each side wall for plumbing access
- Removable exterior side panels
- Choice of liner as per Fume hood Specification Sheet