Student Referral | Provincial Outreach Program for Autism and Related Disorders (POPARD
How do I start the Referral Process?
- If your district does not appear on the list or your child attends a private school, please contact our office at 604-946-3610.
- Both the parents and teaching staff must agree that a referral is necessary.
- The referral must be initiated by the school, through the District Partner. Parents, social workers, physicians and others must work through the school and the District Partner.
- The District Partner will guide you through the process of collecting and/or obtaining diagnostic documentation, and filling out forms.
- Once the referral has been approved, the POPARD Consultant and the District Partner will set a date for an initial consultation.