Douglas College Library
What is our philosophy of tutoring writing online?
WeÂ have two goals in our writing tutoring: first, tutors take on the role of informed peer readers to let student writers know how their papers come across to other students; second, tutors use students' papers and questions as opportunities to suggest improvements in writing process and writing practice.
The roleÂ tutors do not take on is copy editor; we will not fix students' papers for them.
Get Online Writing Help
We offer two ways to getÂ online writing help fromÂ peer tutors.
Peer Writing Reviews
- Following assignment instructions
- Timing and planning for the work of writing assignments
- Developing and clarifying your thesis
- Organizing, supporting, and explaining your points
- Writing clearly and concisely
- Identifying error patterns so that you can improve your editing skills
- Using computers effectively for academic writing
Contact Douglas College Library
Email - none provided
Print this page