We Can Help!
Clearwater Employment Services offers a variety of free employment related services to assist individuals to realize their employment potential. We provide employment assistance including counselling, information resources and referrals to other government funded employment programs and services offered in our region. Our friendly and helpful staff are experienced professionals who are interested in helping people reach their employment goals in an ever changing world.
Resources to help you tackle your job search independently include a variety of job search and career exploration resources:
- Job Postings
- Internet Access
- Resume & Cover Letter Information
- Computers and Printers
- Photocopying & Faxing Service
- Access to telephone for work search
- Phone messaging service
- Assisted Computer Lab
Resource Lending Library
- College Calendars
- Self Employment Information
- Books on Career Planning
- Apprenticeship Information
- Books on resumes and samples
- Business Magazines
Employment & Career Counsellors
Counsellors provide one-on-one assistance, support and guidance as well as referrals to programs. We can assist you with up-to-date job search strategies, resume writing, education research and career planning. You will have an opportunity to learn more about yourself, what you have to offer an employer and what types of skills are in demand.
Specific Service Referrals
Our Employment Counsellors help assess your employment requirements and work in collaboration with you to develop a “Return to Work Action Plan” that is unique to your goals and needs. From job search to career planning — we provide up-to-date information and referrals to:
- Financial assistance for employment skills training and education
- Assistance with self-employment start-up
- Targeted wage subsidies
- Supported employment for people with disabilities
- Trades, apprentice and construction program referrals
We can refer eligible clients to funding for training and assist them with the educational planning and research process. Whether you are enhancing your already existing skills or changing careers, our Employment Counsellors can help you meet the demands of today’s workplace.
Workshops are a fun way to better prepare for your work search. Offered at various times throughout the year, they are free and full of helpful information.
- Internet Work Search
- Labour Market Information
- Career Planning
- Computer Basics
- Sector Job Search Strategies
- Resume & Cover Letter Development
- Job Interview Readiness
- Communication & Coping Skills
Important Information for Employers
- List your Job Vacancies with us!
- Posting your jobs with Clearwater Employment Services enables you to reach a wide audience of qualified, energetic and ready for work individuals. Hundreds of people access our job board, our website and government job banks. You can post your job vacancies by phone, fax or on our website.
- Wage Subsidy Information
- If you are in the market for a full-time permanent employee, you may be eligible to receive a wage subsidy that helps offset the cost of hiring and training a new employee. Employers can be reimbursed a portion of wage costs while they train a new worker for a negotiated period of time.
- Employer Information Packages
- Available upon request — contains valuable information including a job posting form, wage subsidy information, important phone numbers for employers, employee training program information, plus much more!