The TERA Host and Portal chipset enables centralized computing to span a standard enterprise network from the datacenter to the desktop. The TERA chipset implements advanced display compression algorithms and I/O bridging to guarantee a high performance, uncompromised user experience. The Tera chipset includes the TERA1100 PC-over-IP Portal Processor and TERA1200 PC-over-IP Host Processor, the first in a family of PC-over-IP technology based devices.
TERA1100 Portal Processor
The TERA Portal Processor is designed to be integrated into any user appliance or portal at the desktop. The Processor provides a high level of system integration to deliver complete desktop connectivity including transparent HD audio and USB functionality, and full display fidelity for a true PC experience. PC-over-IP technology delivers this functionality while ensuring that the desktop is stateless and secure with a zero-management footprint.
TERA1200 Host Processor
The TERA Host Processor is designed to be integrated into datacenter equipment including PC blades, server blades, rack mount PCs, or tower PCs. The TERA Host Processor integrates easily into existing host CPU architectures to encode a full desktop environment which is then communicated in real time over a standard enterprise IP network to a TERA1100-enabled desktop portal. This ensures that any user can enjoy the true PC user experience that they're accustomed to with the security and efficiency of fully centralized computing.
- Optimized PCoIP Processor chipset that delivers an uncompromised user experience
- High resolution single or dual-display support
- Supports all display content including images, video and graphics
- HD audio
- Supports standard USB peripherals
- Enables truly stateless, secure and unmanaged user desktop appliances without any local user application execution
- Fully encrypted communications plus flexible and secure user peripheral authorization.
- Operates on standard IP networks.
- Fully compatible with standard OSs and all applications on host platforms.
- No drivers required - compatible with existing displays and any USB and audio peripherals.