This is a LIVE Workshop offered in the Vancouver, BC area over three evenings, 6:00 to 9:00 p.m.
This workshop is available in a customized, concentrated format at
your site, as two sessions of 4 hours each (A full day session is
possible but not optimal, due to the quantity of material covered). A
minimum of three participants is required. Funding may be available if
your organization qualifies – please call 778-895-2311 to check.
You may be a complete “newbie”, but you need to learn how to set up your website from scratch.
You either can’t pay someone, or realize that you’ll need to understand
this stuff to be able to be independent in maintaining your site.
You want to have the freedom later to build additional sites, or
change the look of your site, and feel comfortable adding pages,
changing your menu structure, customizing widgets and page layout,
adding plugins, and doing basic SEO. That’s why you’ll learn WordPress,
the best possible platform to market your business on because it’s
accessible for a non-technical person, and sets your site up the right
way to be indexed by Google.
You’ll get training on where to get free or low-cost images, and how
to resize and customize them for the web. You’ll also learn how to use
FTP to upload files to your WordPress site. You’ll create PDF documents
that can be downloaded from your site to promote your business.
In each lesson, you’ll be learning new skills that will serve you and
your business for years to come. The jargon you don’t recognize today
will become tools to help you get ahead of your competitors after the
- Site Purpose and target audience
- Keyword research and selection
- Tagline creation
- Finding and registering the right domain name
- Configuring your email
- Buying hosting for your site*
- WordPress Website setup
- Planning your menu structure
- Customize your Permalinks
- Create an effective Tagline
- Add or modify Posts or Pages
- Set up your Contact page
- Create Categories and Tags
- Install and change WordPress Themes
- Add and update Plugins
- Configure Widgets and their layout
- Installing Plugins (and which are must-haves!)
- Adding Themes and customizing your site’s appearance
- Backup the easy way
- Install Google Sitemap
- Install and use Google Analytics
- Configure RSS
- Sources of images
- Crop, resize and web-prep images
- Inserting and labeling images correctly for SEO
- Use on-site SEO techniques
- Create PayPal payment buttons
- Create PDFs and put them on your site
- Use FTP (File Transfer Protocol) to move or remove files
- Creating automatic backup for your WordPress site
- … and much more
If you choose, you’ll have a complete business website
and blog on your own domain name, created from scratch. You’ll know how
to modify any part of it – and how to build another site if you ever
*Hosting is an additional cost, ranging from $10 for a month to about
$95 per year (US dollars). You are not required to buy hosting for this
course, but you’ll need it if you want to create your own website on
your own domain.
Download the full course outline and check dates at http://outcomemarketing.com.