Nickel Heating & Ventilation designs, installs and services complete comfort systems for owners of new or existing homes, multi-family residential buildings and light commercial buildings. Nickel Heating & Ventilation is located in Burnaby, B.C. and has been serving the lower mainland since 1980.
We repair Trane and all other brands of heating and cooling equipment. Our commitment to quality and on-time service is our priority. Service calls are scheduled in advance as much as possible to ensure punctuality of our visits, while still allowing time for the "emergency" situations that arise from time to time.
System Maintenance Packages
Service Package #1:
30 minutes appointment
This is the most basic service we offer, it includes a filter change and a check of the operations of the the Heat pump/AC unit through a super heat and subcool check. This is done by the use of gauges and temperature sensors.
Service Package #2:
1 - 2 hours appointment
This service is for systems 2 or more years old or a job that we did not originally do.
- Indoor coil will be cleaned with 1 can of evaporator coil cleaner and blow out the condensate drain with the use of a gallo gun.
- It also includes a filter change and a pressure check of the system before and after the cleaning of the coil to see the result of better air flow.
Service Package #3:
2 - 3 hours appointment or 4 - 5 hoursappointment
This service is for systems 5 or more years old or excessively dirty systems.
- Indoor and outdoor coils will be cleaned with 1 can of designated coil cleaner and blow out condensate drain with the use of a gallo gun.
- If indoor coil is to dirty to be cleaned with just the use of chemicals I will pump down the systems charge into the condensing unit and cut the evaporator lines.
- We remove the coil and pressure wash it clean and adjust any bent fins with a fin comb.
- If the condensing unit is too dirty to be cleaned with just the use of chemicals I will remove the exterior panels and pressure wash the coil.
- The system will then be braized back together with the addition of a liquid line dryer. The lines will then be vacuumed to under 500 microns to ensure no Non condensables are present in the system.
- Additional refrigerant may be required on start up due to any residual refrigerant that was unable to be pumped into condensing unit.
- System filter will be changed and operation checked through superheat and subcooling.
New Installations / New Constructions
Nickel Heating's team of installation specialize in designing and installing your comfort systems and look after your services for many years to come.
Our experienced, dedicated staff will work with you to completely understand your heating and cooling needs and recommend a solution that satisfies your requirements. We are there to make sure your systems are installed properly and to your specific needs.
Additional information about our services: