GO-Global Windows Host 4.0
GO-Global 4 provides instant and secure access to centrally-running Windows applications from virtually any location, platform, and operating system. The solution publishes Windows-based applications over LANs, WANs, VPNs, and/or the Internet for easy remote access from cross-platform clients and mobile users. GO-Global 4 is very straightforward to use, yet provides the power and features necessary to support medium to large enterprise deployments.
GO-Global 4 eliminates the time and expense needed to rewrite existing Windows-based applications for the Web. And it’s much easier to deploy and use than complex alternatives such as Citrix XenApp (previously known as Citrix Presentation Server or MetaFrame) or limited solutions such as Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (previously known as Windows Terminal Services).
GO-Global 4 Windows Host provides remote, multi-user access to 32- and 64-bit applications running on centrally-managed Windows computers. Remote devices with a GO-Global browser client or a GO-Global desktop client can access the applications. The desktop client runs natively on the user's Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X computer, while the browser client runs in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.
30-Day Free Trial Now Available
Powerful Application Virtualization Capabilities
- 64-bit Windows Support. GO-Global Windows Host 4.0 supports both 64-bit and 32-bit applications running on the x64 versions of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7.
- Automatic Client Updates. Administrators can configure GO-Global to automatically update Windows Clients when users connect to a GO-Global Host that is running a newer version.
- Enhanced Printing and Management. Client printing has been improved thanks to a streamlined architecture with improved client compatibility, better integration with Windows hosts, faster session startup, and support on 64-bit hosts.
- Performance Auto-Tuning. A new graphics engine optimizes performance for heavy graphics applications when used over low bandwidth connections.
- Faster Application Startup. Per-process CPU and memory usage overhead are greatly reduced, so applications start more quickly and consume less memory.
- USB Drive and Printer Redirection. Access to local USB drives and printers is supported.
- Improved Application Compatibility. GO-Global Windows Host 4.0 has a simpler interface to the operating system, providing enhanced compatibility with both x86 and x64 applications.
- Upgrade Migration Tool. An automatic upgrade tool is provided as part of the installation to ease the migration from GO-Global for Windows 3.2 to GO-Global Windows Host 4.0.
- Dynamic Display Resize. GO-Global Windows Host 4.0 automatically adjusts the session’s resolution when users reconnect to sessions from different computers or change the resolution of the client computer’s display.
- Familiar User Interface. GO-Global Windows Host 4 has a new look, but it works just like GO-Global for Windows Version 3.2, allowing users to upgrade to GO-Global 4 with little or no retraining.
- Client Support. GO-Global 4 desktop clients run natively on Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Mac OS X computers. GO-Global 4 browser clients run in Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.
GO-Global Windows Host 4.0 has been designed to work hand-in-hand with the forthcoming GO-Global Portal optional add-on product. The GO-Global Portal, which will be available soon, expands the GO-Global 4 suite by providing a secure, high-availability gateway to GO-Global Hosts and will include enterprise-level authentication, access control, and load balancing features.
GO-Global Windows Host 4.0 requires one of the following operating environments:
- Windows Server 2008 Standard or Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard or Enterprise Edition (x64)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard or Enterprise Edition (x86)
- Windows Server 2003 Standard or Enterprise Edition with Service Pack 2 (x86)
- Windows 7 (x64)
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 (x86 and x64)
- Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (x86)
GO-Global Windows Host 4.0 also supports WoW64 (Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit) that allows 32-bit applications to run on the x64 platform.
The minimum memory requirement for GO-Global Windows Host 4.0 is 2 GB.