Health Shared Services BC currently provides Accounts Receivable services for the Provincial Health Services Authority, Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, and Providence Health Care. Accounts Receivable also provides service to patients, family members and third party billing Agencies by communicating and explaining billing information and charges.
The primary service areas within Accounts Receivable include:
- Patient accounts (for example: MSP, WCB, OOP, Preferred Accommodation, other Third Party Agencies and Uninsured Services)
- Non-patient accounts (Environmental Health and other Non-patient billing)
- Home and community care (Assisted Living, Residential Care and Home Support)
- Cash handling and payment processing
- Accounts Receivable financial systems
With the initial consolidation of the three sites, the Accounts Receivable service has approximately 80 employees and a budget of $4.3 million. The consolidated model for these three sites combines both centralized and decentralized business functions meeting the needs of each site.
This new consolidated structure allows access to specialized knowledge needed for the complex billing rules found in the BC Health Care industry. It also provides career opportunities for employees interested in developing their careers.
The information in this article was current at 06 Dec 2011