Simpcw Education Vision
Simpcw is a self-governing, inclusive community of confident, culturally-skilled lifelong learners. Quality learning, in excellent education environments, will be guided by accomplished educators and supported by family and community to ensure that all learners possess strong communication and numeracy skills and are able to identify clear life paths.
Rita Matthew, M Ed., Education Program Manager
Tel: 250-672-9995 or toll-free 1-800-678-1129
The Education Program Manager is responsible for the administration of the SFN Band Education Department, which includes services for Elementary, Secondary, Post-Secondary and Training for Employment.
Elementary- Secondary Services include:
- Liaison with provincial elementary school to ensure the Local education agreement is maintained
- Provide tutoring with referrals from teacher
- After-school homework program
- Parental support when requested
Post- Secondary Services include:
- Administration of Education applications for Post-Secondary students
- Assisting students with necessary support for successful post-secondary completion
- Maintaining budgets and funding reports to SFN Administration and INAC
Application Process for Post- Secondary Funding:
- Call SFN Education Department for application package or download from SFN website.
- Deadline is March 31st of each year.
- See SFN Education Policy and Application Form for more information
- Available for all Elementary, Secondary and Post-Secondary students currently on SFN Nominal Roll.
- Contact Education Program Manager for Application for Tutoring Forms.
Simpcw Education Photo Galleries