BioGreens are propagators for the BioFuel program by producing roots
for Miscanthus 'Giganteus' producers.
Our Miscanthus is about twice as productive bio-fuel as switch
grass. This is due to Miscanthus' longer growing season, greater leaf
area, and higher carbon storage per unit of leaf area.
- Has the necessary characteristics in becoming a leading cellulosic
- Miscanthus is a low maintenance perennial grass that grows 10 to
15 feet tall with a life expectancy of 15-20 years.
- Resistant to harsh winters, lessening chances of winter losses.
- Harvested stems of the plant can be burned for direct fuel or used
as ethanol feedstock.
- Easy to grow due to it outgrowing weeds, needing little water and
fertilizer and also thrives in untilled fields.
- Little to none pest and disease susceptibility.
- A non-invasive, sterile hybrid biofuel source.
- Produces high yields, averaging approximately 17 tons per acre.
- Capable of producing up to 80 gallons of cellulosic ethanol per