disability, disabilities, quadriplegia, quadriplegic, paraplegia, paraplegic, spinal cord, duchenes muscular dystrophy, md, multiple sclerosis, ms, pneumonia, back surgery, ALS, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Lou Gehrigs disease, spinal muscular atrophy, SMA, traumatic brain injury
The clinically proven Freedom Bed™ is recommended for persons suffering from temporary or permanent immobility. This could include:
- Spinal cord injuries causing paraplegia and quadriplegia (with or without ventilator)
- Muscular dystrophy and multiple sclerosis
- Severe head injuries and stroke
- Severe respiratory ailments such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Immobility due to aging
- Guillain Barre Syndrome
- Degenerative disk disease, post-spinal fusion and laminectomy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Any other condition where turning assistance is required
The torso raising position is also beneficial for tube fed bed users since the bed user can still be rotated with the torso raised up to 30°.
A higher elevation angle can be achieved by combining head elevation with Reverse Trendelenburg.