The Challenge: Mobile phones are getting increasingly rich in features such as camera, music player, internet connectivity, calendar, bookmarks and notes. At the same time wireless modules can be found in an increasing range of consumer products including Notebooks, PDAs, USB dongles and PC Cards.
The Avanquest OEM Solution: The Avanquest OEM division specializes in PC Software for wireless devices. Connectivity, Configuration, Synchronization, Text and Picture messaging, Voice and Video calls, Folder browsing and Multimedia editing are among the main features.
For example: Our flagship mobile PhoneTools product is the market leader with several millions of units sold every year to world class phone manufacturers like Motorola, Philips, TCL and Kyocera. This application is also bundled with notebooks and accessories incorporating wireless modules such as Asustek, Lenovo, Datang, Giant and Dialogue. Operators like Optimus, MTN, Celtel, Orange, Wind or Rogers bundle branded versions of mobile PhoneTools with their data offers.
Solutions for the home network
The Challenge: As a manufacturer of Devices within the home network such as Routers, Webcams, Storage devices, Printers, Digital Picture Frames, there are several areas in which a solution from the Avanquest OEM division can help your customers get more from your hardware.
The Avanquest OEM Solution: The Avanquest OEM division can add value by allowing you or your customers to:
• Install and configure a device using a range of different bearer technologies (UPnP, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB, InfraRed…)
• Browse files on a device and automatically convert files during transfer
• Make sure the firmware of a device gets updated through a live update server
• Visualize the components of a Home Network in a user friendly way and make sure the signal strength is good enough.
• Reduce support costs by providing wizards and configuration tools.
The Challenge: Getting photos and other multimedia content off a mobile phone and turn this content into a productive use (print, send, share etc.) is a major challenge.
The Avanquest OEM Solution: The Avanquest OEM division has designed a unique Multimedia Ecosystem that comprises a server, a desktop client and mobile phone clients. By automatically backing up photos taken with a digital camera or a mobile phone, it creates some exciting opportunities:
• Additional services and network usage for the network operator
• Use cheaper hardware because less storage is required on the phone
• Generate revenue streams through printing, scrapbooks, photo editing, sharing and storage…