When reviewing Atlanta moving companies for this site, we found Atlanta based moving company 1-866-U-Moving to be a great choice. Here is the information we found about 1-866-U-Moving and their team of movers.
1-866-U-Moving grew out of a negative moving experience the company founder had when moving from a condominium to a home in Metro Atlanta in the late 1990’s. The movers he and his wife hired did not treat them or there belongings with respect and many items were damaged.
Thus 1-866-U-MOVING? was created with a specific mission. 1-866-U-MOVING?’s mission is to fill the need for a professional, ethical, reliable, high quality customer service oriented local Atlanta moving company.
1-866-U-MOVING? strives to provide a pleasant moving experience from the moment customers call to receive information on their upcoming move through the arrival of their professional movers to the successful completion of the move.
A Quote From Kent Aabye – Owner of 1-866-U-Moving?:
“As the “Dot Com / Technology Bubble” burst in early 2000’s I began to look for new opportunities in an industry I could make a positive impact.
During my research a light bulb went off, what if someone applied a dose of technology with a heaping spoonful of professionalism and customer service to the very industry I myself had such a negative experience with…MOVING?”
Awards and recognition
- One of the top customer rated Atlanta moving companies on kudzu.com
- One of the top customer rated Atlanta movers on Google maps/local
- Accredited through the Atlanta Business Bureau
Moving Services Offered by 1-866-U-Moving:
- Local and long distance moving services for the greater South East (generally with in a 1,000 mile radius of Atlanta), packing, crating, storage, packing materials, and moving supplies. They also provide loading and or unloading services of a customer provided truck or container.
- Moving services to fit moving the contents of a studio apartments to very large homes and everything in between.
- Moving pads (cloth blankets) and shrink wrap (plastic wrap) are used to help protect your belongings and no extra cost.
- All movers are trusted employees of 1-866-U-Moving no moving brokers or day laborers
Our Favorite Features
- Movers are all employees of 1-866-U-Moving
- These movers do not charge a trip or travel charge for local moving services
- Moves that originate in Atlanta and then travel to other cities and states are not combined with other shipments (so 1-866-U-Moving can guarantee pick up and delivery dates and you have the whole moving truck yourself) so the chance of your sofa getting delivered to Florida when you are moving to North Carolina is zero.
- Local moving within Atlanta is charged based on an hourly rate. The hourly rates are determined by the number of movers and moving trucks in your crew.
- Free on site estimates are available for all out of town moves (originating from Atlanta) as well as local full packing / moving jobs and larger move only local jobs.
1-866-U-Moving has received a 5 star rating based on 311 reviews on the popular review site Kudzu.com. Here is what some of these happy customers are saying:
“Best service I’ve seen in a long, long time……Not only did Andre & Patrick showup early they were very professional and hardworking, too!! GREAT JOB,GUYS!” – luvgr8serv posted-2/3/10
“Great Company and Outstanding Employees!! Kent, you have an outstanding, professional crew and I think you offer a great value in the moving business. This was an entire 5 bedroom house move and the employes are incredible! I highly recommend this company. They are honest, reliable and very reasonably priced! You will be glad you used them!! Thanks 866-U-MOVING!” – markie608 posted-1/20/10
“Excellent experience……Really great experience. Last minute scheduling, friendly and efficient movers, exceptionally responsive owner/operator. Would definitely use them again and recommend.” – lynn_s_castle posted-11/4/2009
There are many great times to move to Atlanta but there are also times when moving to Atlanta can cost you more money, more time and a lot more frustration. It is important when working with Atlanta movers, to plan your move carefully to avoid these pitfalls. Here’s how.
Try to Avoid Prime Time
The prime time when moving to any city or country is normally during the summer. This is usually because families with children wait until the end of the school year to plan their move. It is also the time when most people plan their summer vacation time and when the weather is the nicest. But all of these reasons also make for a very busy time Atlanta moving time. If possible, plan to move during the off season. This will eliminate the competition for Atlanta moving companies, which might mean a lower cost, and a greater choice of available dates to move.
Move During the Middle of the Month
Another busy moving time, especially for apartment movers in Atlanta, is at the start and the end of each month. If you can, try to plan your move for the middle of the month. You may get a discounted rate if you are able to move during the middle of the month rather than the first or the thirty-first.
Try a Mid-Week Move
Another way to avoid the busiest times for Atlanta Ga. movers is to select a mid-week moving time. Movers are the busiest on the weekends, so if you are able to plan your move for a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, you should have no trouble booking a mover.
Consider the Time of Day
Obviously, there are some times of day that are much busier than others in the city of Altanta. Keep traffic delays in mind as well as your expected time of arrival. You certainly don’t want to upset your new neighbors by moving into your new home in the middle of the night. Be sure to plan a bit of extra travel time for unexpected delays no matter what time you decide to move.
If you keep these simple suggestions in mind when you are planning your move to Atlanta, you can be sure your move will be a pleasant experience without any hassle, stress or additional cost.