Substation Arrester Assessment Service - failure analysis
This is the most comprehensive analysis of failed arresters anywhere. 18-30
pages of analysis and cause of failure conclusions.
- In depth examination of the available parts.
- Close-up photography and microscopic photography to identify cause of failure.
- Gas analysis of unfailed partner arresters if available.
- Analysis of electrical characteristics of available disks. Any disk can be analyzed no matter how damaged.
- Leak checking using the appropriate method (HMS, vacuum, die penetrate, pressure decay) of failed
and unfailed partner arresters
- In depth review of potential causes of failure and rationale of which ones are possible and which
ones are not. The list includes.
|Moisture Ingress||Improper MCOV or TOV Rating|
|Excessive Partial Discharge||Unbalanced Electric Field|
|Lightning||Misalignment of Disk Column:|
|Temporary Overvoltage||Improper Spring Pressure|
|Switching Surge Overload||Mechanical Stress|
|Aging of Disks||Burrs|
|External Contamination||Insufficient Dielectric Strength|
- And much more..
- Arresters that can be Analyzed: Porcelain 3-500kV, Polymer 3-500kV, Underoil, Elbow, Secondary.
Contact Jonathan Woodworth at 716 307 2431 or at
for more information or to make arrangements for a quote.