1. First, do no harm (Primum non nocere) - effective health care with the least risk for all patients;
2. To co-operate with the healing powers of nature (Vis medicatrix naturae) -respect and promote self-healing;
3. To address the fundamental causes of disease (Tolle causum) - treat the cause, identify and remove causes, avoid suppression of symptoms;
4. Doctor as teacher (Docere) - educate patients, inspire rational hope, encourage self-responsibility;
5. To heal the whole person through individualized treatment (Tolle totum)– each person is unique with their own factors affecting their health;
6. To teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine (Prevenio et Evito Aegresco)– well-being includes health individually, in the community and globally."