The consulting services and software solutions we provide fall under two major categories: decision support system development and ecological modeling.
Decision Support System Development
We work with clients to design and develop decision support systems (DSS) that integrate data and knowledge in order to support natural resource management. This work typically involves one or more of the following steps:
- User requirements . Through interviews and workshops, we help clients define the requirements for their DSS.
- Ecological understanding. We work with clients and other experts to integrate the appropriate ecological understanding into their DSS.
- Data modeling . We develop the necessary structures to store the data required by their DSS, including spatial data stored in a Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Software development. We develop the software required for the DSS.
- Training and support. We provide ongoing training and support for the systems we develop.
We have extensive experience developing and implementing ecological models – often such models form the core of our decision support systems.
We have worked on population dynamics models for a range of wildlife species, including caribou, moose, bear and salmon.