AH Formatter V6
Windows Xp, Stylesheet, Html Document,
New Enhancements of AH Formatter V6.0 from AH Formatter V5.3 are as follows:
- The following element is extended.
- The following properties are extended.
Now users can select the stylesheet language and content strategy that best suits their business needs.
In addition to the powerful formatting functions by using XSL-FO available
with the V4.3, Antenna House V6.0 has added the ability for formatting HTML and XML with CSS.
The following illustrates Formatters workflow:
- When an (X) HTML document is inputted, AH Formatter V6.0 formats it immediately using a default HTML stylesheet.
- When an XML document or a (X) HTML document with a CSS stylesheet are inputted, AH Formatter V6.0 formats it immediately.
- When an XSL Formatting Object is inputted, AH Formatter V6.0 formats it immediately.
- When an XML document and an XSL stylesheet are inputted, AH Formatter V6.0 transforms them to XSL Formatting Object using XSLT processor and formats the XSL Formatting Object.
|Item ||Contents |
| Windows version ||
Windows XP |
| Windows x64 version ||
Windows XP x64 Edition |
Windows Vista x64 Edition
Windows Server2003 x64 Edition
Windows Server2008 x64 Edition
| Solaris version ||
Sun Solaris 10 (sparc version) |
Sun Solaris 10 (x86 version)
| Linux version ||Built by GCC4.1.X. (required libstdc++.so.6 runtime libraries)
| Linux 64bit version |
| Macintosh version ||
Mac OS X Version 10.5, 10.6 (intel version)
| AIX version ||
AIX Version 6.0, POWER version (required VXL C/C++ Runtime V7.0)
- All but "x64 edition" and the "64-bit version" are compiled with 32 bit.
- Hereinafter unless otherwise explicitly mentioned, the phrase "Windows version" includes both Windows version and Windows x64 version.
- Hereinafter unless otherwise explicitly mentioned, the phrase "Linux version" includes both Linux version and Linux 64bit version.
- Please confirm the necessary environment variables at "Environment Variable" in the online manual.
- Please confirm the installed modules at "Installed Modules" in the online manual.
- The printing function on the Windows version depends on Windows-based printer drivers.
When you are going to install this software on Windows 2000, XP please login as a member of administrators. You cannot install on Windows 2000, without administration rights. In Windows XP, the following error message appears and installation may be failed. "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched. Class not registered"
Antenna House Formatter uses an XSLT processor for converting XML documents and XSL stylesheets into XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO). In the Windows version, either MSXML4 or MSXML3 is used as the standard XSLT processor. Windows users have the option to use a different XSLT processor if desired. Solaris/Linux users set their desired XSLT processor through the "Environment Variable" or "Option Setting File".
For Windows XP, Internet Explore 6 or later MSXML3 is already installed. There is no need for the user to separately install MSXML3.
Formatting engine and Interface
The Command-line Interface is provided as an executable file. You can call it from Windows batch file or Solaris shell script.
The COM interface makes it possible for XSL Formatter to function as a COM Server through the applications using COM-supported languages such as Visual Basic, Delphi. In the same way, the .NET interface makes it possible for AH Formatter to function as .NET Server through applications made by Visual Basic.NET, Visual C#.NET.
This interface provides you with the Interface for AH Formatter V6.0 from Java. This program is availabe in the following Java environment.
- Java version "1.4.1"
- Java™2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1-b21)
- Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.4.1-b21, mixed mode)
For further information, please refer to Q&A Page on our web site.
Antenna House provides the Formatter Mailing List. For subscribing please see:
Antenna House provides numerous XSL-FO samples for testing and learning purpose. Please see:
Antenna House provides CSS Tutorials and Samples for testing and learning purpose. Please see:
For more information, technical support and service needs, please contact us by e-mail.
, Html Document
, Windows Xp