user interface design for web sites, web applications, mobile devices » alpha cube
Web Sites, Visual Design, User Interfaces
What It Is
At Alpha Cube we believe that an intuitive and easy-to-use interface does not just happen. We follow user-centered design methodologies to create (and improve) usable user interfaces for software, Web sites, Web applications, and mobile devices. We create solutions that communicate effectively through the interface so that some of the knowledge tasks can be delegated to the system.. and when thats done right, the user interface is deemed SIMPLE.
How It Benefits You
- Users can focus on their goals, rather than being distracted by user interface actions and design elements.
- Whenever possible, we design instructive interfaces (created to be self-teaching), where users can explore the interface without being penalized.
- Our team's focus is to minimize or eliminate frictions, which are activities and tasks that users may do which are extraneous to their main goals. Frictions can be a factor for task failures.
- The user interface is easier to learn and understand, which reduces training time.
- Improve user satisfaction and make your customers happy.
- As part of an iterative process, our team can test the user interface with a few users to ensure a high-level of usability.
What We Do
- The first step to creating usable interfaces is understanding the target users and identifying goals and tasks that must be supported.
- From this analysis, our team helps develop essential use cases that encapsulate (at a high level) activities users will perform on the site.
- We give consideration to how navigation should be implemented; possibilities include text link lists, pull-down menus, and icons.
- We design the final visual aspects of the site (images, icons, buttons, etc.) and deliver comps (image files) or a high-fidelity prototype.
Depending on the needs of your project, our team can deliver one or more of the following:
- Visual design comps (page layouts) created with Adobe Photoshop that include images, icons, etc. Your team creates HTML code to create the actual pages.
, Visual Design
, Web Sites