user experience evaluation, expert design review, heuristic evaluation, competitive assessment » alpha cube
Software Development, Usability
What It Is
Our team evaluates the user experience design of your product (or prototype) to assess how well the design is meeting user goals and established business objectives. The user interface is assessed to identify compliance with recognized usability principles and industry best practices, and areas needing improvement.
How It Benefits You
- You get results fast because users are not involved in this evaluation.
- Our team identifies major usability problems and provides you with solutions to fix them.
- Identify what areas are affected by the problems – specific user tasks (such as login), design elements (such as navigation), etc.
- Improve user satisfaction.
- Gain insight about the strengths and weaknesses of your product in comparison with competitors or industry peers.
- The evaluation can be performed at any stage of your software development cycle.
- Results can be used immediately or as input for an iterative process.
- You save time and reduce development costs because design issues are detected early in the development, rather after deployment.
What We Do
Understanding your customers is crucial to evaluating a usable and useful product. After learning about your customers' needs and the particular objectives of the project, our team:
- examines throughly all aspects of your product's user interface, including screens, functionality and features in the context of tasks
- identifies, classifies, and ranks usability issues based on their severity and how badly they affect users' experience (for example, is it a cosmetic error or a problem that has to be fixed before the product is released?).
- creates a report with specific recommendations to change affected areas, as well as recommendations for further research.
A presentation (with associated diagrams) describing solutions to issues encountered, priorities, and suggested remedies for future enhancements. This deliverable will give you a chance to discuss findings with your team.