just-in-time" usability testing, recommendations for enhancements » alpha cube
"just-in-time" usability testing, recommendations for enhancements » alpha cube
What It Is
Are your customers getting what they need? Or more importantly, can they use what you offer? You will learn the answers to these and other questions when real (or representative) customers participate in a usability test, using your Web site or application while performing a number of predefined tasks. During the test, our team observes the paths users take to complete tasks, the reasons why users may get confused or frustrated, whether users succeed in doing the task, and how satisfied they are with the experience. The objective is to identify problems that users may encounter so they can be fixed immediately or as part of an interative process.
Benefits To You
Specific benefits you will gain from improving usability include:
- Identifying problems early in a representative setting, where your team observes users performing real tasks.
- Producing designs that are more accurate and with a better quality.
- Making the user interface more intuitive and easier to use.
- Increasing customer revenue.
- Increasing customer satisfaction.
- Improving customer productivity by increasing efficiency and effectiveness
- Increasing customer loyalty and retention.
- Reducing training and support costs.
- Reducing development and maintenance costs.
- Making the user interface faster to learn and understand.
What We Do
- Recruit participants that are representative of your target market (if needed, we can also recruit and test your product with Spanish speaking customers).
- Develop test scenarios with representative user tasks.
- Develop satisfaction questionnaires administered after each task ends, and after the test session ends.
- Facilitate test sessions.
- Perform usability tests in a variety of environments: at your location (for example, in a conference room), in a fixed laboratory setting, or remotely (at the user's location).
Depending on client needs we:
- conduct a single usability test and deliver a report with specific recommendations to change affected areas, as well as recommendations for further enhancements. A presentation will give you a chance to discuss findings with your team.
- conduct Just-In-Time usability testing.
- 2 or 3 design alternatives are prototyped and tested simultaneously to determine the best option.
- Involves testing small aspects of the application with fewer users for a quick turn-around.
- Goal is to evaluate qualitative aspects of designs to understand how and why people respond to what has been created.
- We deliver a less formal document with a summary of usability issues and recommendations for enhancements.
- Based on the findings, we update the "winning" prototype and, if needed test it with new users.