We offer a range of products and services aimed at helping home owners, community groups and others to create natural, sustainable, low-maintenance, and edible landscapes.
Naturally’s philosophy in working with people is to start where they are at, inspire them with the possibilities and create an edible landscape design which they have ownership of and can take pride in.
Developing a pleasing, functional, and ecologically sound landscape requires careful thought and planning. A landscape design facilitates a process to help you develop a vision for your project and provides a “blue print” for getting the project done.
Whether you are looking to change or transform an existing yard or community space, or to develop a completely new landscape, we can work with you to create a landscape design to meet your needs.
Our landscape design service includes the following steps:
The first step will be to meet with you at your home to discuss your interests, needs and vision for the project. From there we will conduct an on-site observation, assessment, and measurement of your property. We will then create a preliminary hand drafted design and review this in-person with you and if any required changes are not made to the design you receive a “to scale” copy of the final design.
Our design specialties include:
- The incorporation of edible plants (fruits, berries, herbs perennial and annual vegetables) into an aesthetically rich landscape.
- The use of native plants, and other beneficial plants and features for attracting insects, birds, butterflies and other wildlife to the landscape (“naturescapes”).
- Xeriscapes (very low water using landscapes) and other resource saving techniques.
- Permaculture Design emphasizing the creation of productive landscapes that are also ecologically sustainable and aesthetically pleasing.
- Low-maintenance landscapes, self regulating.
Whether we design your landscape or you do, we offer on-site landscape construction services. These services include:
- Complete general contracting landscape services
- Garden bed development including raised beds and retaining walls
- Tree, shrub, perennial, and annual planting
- Boulders, stone, and other natural elements
- Water features and naturalized ponds
- Rainwater harvesting systems, and drip irrigation systems
- Walkways, patios and informal pathways
- Alternative ground covers and organic mulches
- Arbors, trellises, pergolas and other “special touches”
Please note that in keeping with our vision our projects include an emphasis on the conservation of resources, the creation of wildlife habitat, the production of food, and other environmentally sustainable practices.
Our landscape maintenance services are undertaken utilizing organic methods. No synthetic chemical herbicides, pesticides or fertilizers are used. Our focus is on ensuring soil health and vitality which in turn produces healthy plants.
- Tree and shrub planting
- Perennial and annual planting
- Garden bed maintenance
- Soil improvements and amendments
- Small tree and shrub pruning
- Vegetable garden planting and maintenance
Maintenance work can be contracted by the season or on an ongoing basis.
Through our relationships with local growers and horticultural suppliers in the Vancouver area, we can provide you with a wide range of useful native and ornamental shrubs, trees, and vines.