The Alien® Higgs is a family of highly integrated single chip UHF RFID Tag ICs. The chips conform to the EPCglobal™ Class 1 Gen 2 specifications and provide state-of-the-art performance for a broad range of UHF RFID tagging applications.
The Higgs family is the fourth generation of RFID IC from Alien, and has been preceded by the Quark, Omega, and Lepton. Higgs-3 our fifth generation IC is currently the industry’s best performing chip. Higgs-3 powers Alien’s portfolio of EPC Gen 2 RFID Tags, including the industry’s best general purpose tag – the ALN-9640 Squiggle. Higgs-3 offers enhanced authentication and security capabilities along with extended memory and EPC number features. Higgs-3 ICs are fabricated using proven CMOS process and EEPROM memory technology, operate at very low power for both read and program operations, and deliver exceptional performance with a read range of up to 10 meters with an appropriate reader. The ICs also support LoadImage, a custom command that delivers high speed tag programming.
Higgs ICs are available in both Flip Chip (Bumped, Tested, Ground & Sawn Wafer (8 inch) on Disco Metal Film Frame) and SOT packaging.
Just as the Higgs subatomic particle gives mass to the universe, Alien’s Higgs IC family gives mass to RFID.
| || |
Higgs™ 4 is a highly integrated single chip UHF RFID Tag IC. The
chip conforms to the EPCglobal Class 1 Gen 2 specifications and
provides state-of-the-art performance for a broad range of UHF
RFID tagging applications.
- Meets EPCglobal Gen2 (V 1.2.0) as well as
- Worldwide operation in the RFID UHF bands
- 512-Bits of Memory
- 128-EPC Bits
- 128 User Bits
- 64 Bit Unique TID
- 32 Bit Access and 32 bit Kill Passwords
- Pre-Programmed with a unique, unalterable 64-bit serial
- User Memory can be Block Perma-Locked as well as
read password protected in 32 Bit Blocks
- Supports all Mandatory and Optional Commands
including Item Level Commands
- High speed programming using Block Write
30 tags per second for the 96-bit EPC number
- Low power operation for both read and program
- Exceptional operating range, up to 11m with appropriate
| || |
- Meets EPCglobal™ Gen2 (V 1.2.0) as well as ISO/IEC 18000-6C
- 800-Bits of Nonvolatile Memory
- 96-EPC Bits, extensible to 496 Bits
- 512 User Bits
- 64 Bit Unique TID
- 32 Bit Access and Kill Passwords
- Pre-Programmed with a unique, unalterable 64-bit serial number
- User Memory can be Block Perma-Locked as well as read password protected in 64 Bit Blocks
- Supports all Mandatory and Optional Commands including Item Level Commands
This product is covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents: 7967204, 7931063, 7868766, 7737825, 7716208, 7716160, 7688206, 7671720, 7659822, 7619531, 7615479, 7598867, 7580378, 7576656, 7562083, 7561221, 7559486, 7559131, 7554451, 7551141, 7542301, 7542008, 7522055, 7500610, 7489248, 7453705, 7452748, 7425467, 7417306, 7411503, 7385284, 7377445, 7364084, 7353598, 7342490, 7324061, 7321159, 7301458, 7295114, 7288432, 7265675, 7262686, 7193504, 7173528, 7172910, 7172789, 7141176, 7113250, 7101502, 7080444, 7070851, 7068224, 7046328, 6998644, 6988667, 6985361, 6980184, 6970219, 6952157, 6942155, 6933848. Other patents pending.