A CFO says to the CEO, “What happens if we invest all this money in training and then these people leave the company?”. The CEO responds “What happens if we don’t and they stay?”
At AlexanderHancock, we are committed to training that is not just an “event,” but instead produces enduring results. Because of that commitment, we do two things:
First, we focus on building skills that can be immediately applied on the job, rather than on theoretical discussions. We believe training should result not only in knowledge, but especially in know-how, and in the commitment to do it.
Second, we customize our training programs to fit your unique situation, business strategy, culture, and people. After discussion with you and other experts within your organization, we select the emphasis, specific skills to be developed, key learning points, exercises, and case studies for practice to create a solution tailored just for you.
Many clients ask us to develop training to fit a very specific situation. Here are just a few of these highly specific custom solutions that we have developed and implemented in the past few years:
- How to influence investors in a down market
- How to get systems developers and end users on the same page before development efforts and investment begin
- Developing the skills of insurance claims professionals to conduct a peer review of each claims office
- A curriculum to help local government department heads to think and act more like business executives
- Clear and precise team communication in the nuclear reactor control room
- How to maintain and exceed performance levels in a downsizing environment