COBOL Compiler: NetCOBOL for SPARC Architecture
Application Development, web applications, Business Systems
Fujitsu® NetCOBOL® for SPARC Architecture is a complete COBOL development suite -- compiler, run-time libraries, and debug tool. The highly optimized code produced by NetCOBOL provides the basis for fast, mission-critical business systems on SPARC Architecture workstations (i.e. workstations running the Solaris Operating Environment).
- Develop mission-critical, single or multi-threaded COBOL applications for SPARC Architecture workstation
- Take advantage of extensive multi-vendor database support (SQL access to Oracle, and Sybase)
- Maintain compatibility with existing code based on support for popular vendor extensions (IBM and Micro Focus) and compliance with ANSI and ISO standards
- Full COBOL85 syntax
- Direct access to Oracle Application Server
- Create Web applications using either CGI or SAF subroutines
- Supports Unicode data
- Supports 64-bit file access for large files under Solaris
- Remote development from Windows workstations
- Interactive Data Editor and Data Converter
- PowerGEM resource management (required for remote development functions)
- The rich complement of functions built into NetCOBOL serves as the basis for fast-turnaround development efforts. Industry extensions compatible with those from Micro Focus and IBM ensure broad compatibility and a full choice of powerful functions.
- NetCOBOL offers a number of features to help speed application development as well as execution times. Because runtime messages include COBOL source code line numbers, programming errors are usually quickly identifiable.
- In the debug tool, you can view data in the watch data window, set break points, and view I/O in the program I/O window. As a result, you complete your work faster and produce higher quality code.
, application server
, Business Systems
, Cobol Applications
, Cobol Development
, Database Support
, Development Suite
, Iso Standards
, web applications