Coach Al uses the 'Socratic Method' in his coaching approach. Lots of critical questions to draw out the real issues and truths that are preventing growth and productivity. No new-age philosophies that are currently in vogue..just hard-core, down-to-earth questions that focus on what is most important to the individual client or group. It's custom - designed especially for individuals dedicated to taking charge and achieving success in business and life.
| Wilfred Drath of the Center for Creative Leadership says: 'From our research, it seems that
executives can introspect, but only by special effort..' |
Life Coaching is about looking ahead and setting
goals for the future. Coach Al will provide a confidential,
non-judgmental, impartial and personalized support
.helping you to close
the gap between where you are to where you want to be.
With over 45 years in the coaching/training field,
Coach Al questions, actively listens, and challenges erroneous thinking
in such a way that new perspectives are explored that lead to positive
outcomes in a safe environment.
Are you ready?
The main differences between CyberCoaching and the more traditional form of coaching is that CyberCoaching is predominantly e-mail based.
Through the immediacy of e-mail, Coach Al works directly with the client to uncover problem areas, assist in setting goals, and then create and implement strategies to achieve them. Its great for working on the big picture issues and is very effective for dealing with issues and opportunities as they present themselves.
Other reasons for using CyberCoaching are:
- Convenience, being able to read, print, respond, ponder, review in your own time.
- Some people just prefer to 'see' words rather than listen.
- Distance is irrelevant and there are no telephone charges.
- Some people get clarity by writing.
"A personal coach can help you by getting you to spell out what it is that you really want and then working with you to make the changes that actually enable you to get there."
- The Vancouver Province
Coaching for Presentation & Meeting Skills
As business becomes more competitive there is an ongoing need for increased interaction between clients and internal departments. Knowing a subject is only the beginning. Coaching can help a presenter organize and develop the presentation as well improve overall delivery technique to ensure you get your message across.
It doesn't matter whether you are in sales, competing for budgets, implementing marketing initiatives or dealing with change in the workplace, coaching will provide you with invaluable skills to deliver professional presentations.
- Are you retiring in less than 3 years?
- Are you already retired, but BORED, UNFULFILLED and just generally DISSATISFIED?
- Are you really interested in getting the most out of what could be the longest phase of your life?
Retirement isnt the end - its just the beginning. With todays life expectancies, you can expect to stay active for many years after retiring.
Unfortunately, many people actually spend more time planning a vacation than they do to their retirement. This can cause individuals to enter their retirement haphazardly which can put them at risk for less joy, less happiness and poor health.
In most cases, managers and supervisors are very competent. In fact, their technical skills were probably the catalyst for advancement to their current position. Yet in a leadership role, technical expertise is not enough. Often it can be a hindrance. Managers and supervisors have to make a transition from excelling in their technical competencies to excelling in their people and leadership competencies.
Coach Al will guide and encourage you as you go through this transition to make the shifts necessary to:
- achieve aggressive targets
- listen and respond effectively to their staff
- build and motivate their team
- encourage initiative
- delegate effectively
- strengthen interpersonal communication skills
Coaching Programs and Fees:Flexible expert coaching to meet your needs and your schedule per month: Example of coaching options:
- Option #1 - Coaching: Three 60-minute scheduled sessions per month: $400/month. E-mail check-ins, support and short coaching calls between scheduled sessions as needed.
- Option #2 - Coaching: Three 30-minute scheduled sessions per month: $295/month. E-mail check-ins, support and short coaching calls between scheduled sessions as needed.
- Option #3 - Maintenance: This program is recommended only after the first 4-5 months of coaching. Two sessions per month: $200
|Talking the talk and 'Walking the walk are not the same.|
Employee Performance & Development Plan (EPDP)
A key goal of the B.C. Government Public Service is a performance-focused workplace to further their vision of excellence in the public service. To support the B.C. Governments full Employee Performance Management Framework, Al Gates became a qualified supplier and is available to facilitate and implement workshops related to the EPDP. Fee is negotiable.
Assessment of internal/external training programs
Are you getting an ROI on your current training programs? How do you know?
With 45 years of training and performance management experience, Al can help you make your training programs more cost-effective and relevant to your particular business needs.
The fee for this assessment is $300 per day.
Five frogs are sitting on a log. Four decide to jump off. How many are left?
Answer: five. Why? Because theres a difference between deciding and doing.
- Mark Feldman & Michael Sprall, 'Five Frogs on a Log'
Assessment of current performance appraisal system
A review of your current performance appraisal system may uncover answers to the following questions:
- Is it doing what it was designed to do?
- Is management using it properly?
- Are employees using it properly?
- Do your employees know how to effectively receive a performance appraisal that benefits them and the company?
The fee for assessing your performance appraisal system is $500 per day.
Coaching is usually conducted in a series of telephone discussions or e-mail transactions (CyberCoaching), whatever is most convenient and comfortable for you. An initial face-to-face meeting may be arranged if you are within reasonable travelling distance, e.g., the greater Vancouver area, or the Vancouver Island area.