Emergency Department Information System (EDIS)
Emergency Department Information System (EDIS) was developed by AIHS staff members
for Northern Health's University Hospital of Northern British Columbia. In
2002, EDIS was designed to replace paper processes for producing monthly reports for
internal and government agencies. Since then, EDIS has evolved into an integrated solution for
the emergency department.
- Manages patient flow & tracks patient movement.
- Interfaces with the facility's ADT system via HL7 messaging.
- Seamless integration for patient registration.
- Integrated Bed Tracking.
- Care form library (users can view the actual care form from previous visits).
- Automated Scanning and Faxing tools for Care Form distribution.
- Endless statistically reporting capabilities (4 built-in reporting engines replace
the need to have 1000âs of pre-build reports).
- Notification Services â Department Based (warnings when patient numbers exceed management
With the implementation of CERNER technologies, Northern Health has chosen EDIS
as their EMR solution for emergency departments in Fort St. John and
the University Hospital of Northern British Columbia in Prince George.