ZoomText 9.1 Magnifier plus Reader
Screens, Dual Monitor Support
Dual Monitor Support
ZoomText 9.1 delivers innovative magnification and reading features that allow low-vision computers users to see, hear and use their computer with greater comfort and productivity. Below you find a list of the powerful features introduced in ZoomText 9.1 and 9.0. With the clearest text, clearest voices, and now twice the magnified view, ZoomText 9.1 is the clear choice.
- Dual Monitor Support. ZoomText’s new dual monitor support allows you to utilize two monitors to "expand your magnified view". At any magnification level you can now have twice as much information in view at all times. You can also use the second screen to share a magnified or unmagnified view of your desktop with another person or group. Note: Dual Monitor Support is available in Windows Vista and XP only.
- Focus Enhancements. The new Focus Enhancement feature makes it easy to locate and follow the control focus when you tab and arrow key through menus, dialogs, tool bars, and other application controls. When a control has focus, a bright, colorful rectangle or underline is placed around or under the control, making selection of controls much clearer.
- ’NeoSpeech’ Synthesizer Voices. NeoSpeech provides human-sounding male and female voices that are closer to the real thing than ever before (English only). ZoomText also includes classic TruVoice, ViaVoice and Microsoft speech synthesizers.
- Complete Screen Reading. ZoomText automatically speaks all program controls, including menus, dialogs, list views and messages. Three verbosity levels give you complete control over the amount of information spoken.
- Reading Zones. Reading Zones allow you to instantly see and hear selected locations in your applications. Define up to 10 zones per application that you can trigger via pop-up menu or keyboard commands.
- Full Internet Accessibility. ZoomText reads any web page, in the proper reading order. You can read automatically or manually navigate by word, line, sentence and paragraph.
- Text Navigation. Navigation keys make it easy to read while creating and editing documents. With simple commands you can read by character, word, line, sentence and paragraph, even while selecting text.
- Typing Echo. Each key or word that you type is automatically spoken. You can choose to have all keys spoken or only selected groups of keys.
- Mouse Echo. Mouse echo automatically reads text that you point to. Single words or complete lines of text are spoken instantly or after hovering briefly.
- Special Application Support. Built in support for popular applications – including Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat 8. Adobe Reader 8, Firefox 2.0 and Java – allow you to read and navigate your documents with 100% accuracy.
New in ZoomText 9.1
- New Dual Monitor Support. ZoomText’s new dual monitor support allows you to utilize two monitors to “expand your magnified view”. At any magnification level you can now have twice as much information in view at all times. You can also use the second screen to share a magnified or unmagnified view of your desktop with another person or group. Note: Dual Monitor Support is available in Windows Vista and XP only.
- New Focus Enhancements. The new Focus enhancement feature makes it easy to locate and follow the control focus when you tab and arrow key through menus, dialogs, tool bars, and other application controls. When a control has focus, a bright, colorful rectangle or underline is placed around or under the control, making selection of controls much clearer.
- Support for Windows Vista. ZoomText 9.1 offers robust support for the new Windows Vista operating system, allowing you to take advantage of Vista’s improved security, stability and of course, it’s fresh, eye-catching user experience.
- New Windows Vista Logon Support. ZoomText's new logon support provides essential magnification and screen reading features when logging into Windows Vista.
- Support for Microsoft Office 2007. ZoomText 9.1 is ready for the new look and feel of Office 2007. In Word, Excel and Outlook, all of the new user interface components are tracked and spoken with the clarity you’ve come to expect in previous versions of Office.
- Support for Adobe Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader 8. ZoomText's reading tools, including AppReader and DocReader, allow you to create and read documents in the latest releases of Acrobat and Reader.
- Support for Mozilla Firefox 2.0. ZoomText offers advanced support for Firefox 2.0, allowing you to accurately navigate and read complete web pages. In addition, you can use ZoomText’s Web Finder and Text Finder to quickly locate the links, controls and text that you’re interested in.
- New Screen Enhancement Schemes. Additional schemes have been added to each of ZoomText's screen enhancement options.
- New Inverted Block Locator Type. A new type of view locator that provides greater emphasis on the area that's currently being magnified, making it easier to select a new area to zoom in on.
- New Cursor Enhancement Sample Box The Cursor Enhancement dialog now includes a sample box to help you select a cursor enhancement scheme or select custom cursor settings.
New in ZoomText 9.0
- xFont Technology.
With new xFont technology, you will see amazingly clear text at all magnification levels. All types and sizes of text are displayed with unmatched clarity, in all of your applications. Once you have seen ZoomText 9.0 with xFont, no other screen magnifier will do.
- Application Settings. Application Settings give ZoomText the intelligence to adjust settings on the fly whenever you switch applications. Just save the settings you like for each application and ZoomText restores them automatically.
- Text Finder. The new Text Finder makes it easy to locate words and phrases in any program or document window. Type what you're looking for and ZoomText finds it in an instant.
- Reading Zones. And with ZoomText/'s new Reading Zones, you can quickly see and hear selected locations in any application - a real timesaver that eliminates aimless scrolling.
- Enhanced Magnification Levels. To round out the new 9.0 features, we've dropped in additional magnification levels. New 2.5x magnification is sure to satisfy users who have said "2x is not enough and 3x is just too much". And for our high magnification users that are migrating to super high resolution screens, we've extended ZoomText/'s magnification from 16x all the way to 36x.
To use ZoomText Magnifier/Reader, your computer must have the following hardware and software:
- 450 MHz Pentium® III processor or equivalent 1.5 GHz for Windows Vista
- One of the following operating systems:
Windows Vista (32 bit OS only, 64 bit Vista is not supported)
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or later
- Minimum 256 MB RAM
(Minimum 1 GB required for Windows Vista)
- Minimum 25 MB free hard disk space
(additional 60 MB required for each NeoSpeech synthesizer)
- Sound card (for Magnifier/Reader version only)
Note: Hardware requirements are higher for systems running the core features of Windows Vista. For more information, see the Minimum Support System Requirements on the Windows Vista website. Product name, description, and image are © Ai Squared.