Abacus Inventory Services
Insurance, Estate Planning, Personal Property
"Don't Rely On Your Memory" To protect your property and be able to provide the required documentation, the best time to do your inventory is now! Don't wait until it's too late. Our efficient, professional service is here to help you.
- Provide required documentation of ownership and value:
In the event of a loss due to fire, theft, burglary or other catastrophe, your insurance company will try to be helpful and cooperative, but they won’t hand you a blank check. It’s up to you to document your losses. Just think how difficult it would be to recall from memory everything you own. An inventory with details, video and digital pictures will provide the required documentation to prove ownership and value of your possessions.Abacus Inventory Services are not appraisers but should you require that service we can recommend a qualified and reputable appraiser.
Evaluate your personal property coverage:
- Taking inventory will also help you to evaluate whether or not you have enough personal property coverage.For example, do you know what your sub-limits are for jewelry or art within your policy? Your inventory also helps you to identify property that should be “scheduled” on your policy. It gives you a valuable tool for discussing your insurance needs with your agent, and helps you to make informed decisions about your insurance coverage.
- Settle claims accurately and promptly:
Insurance companies recommend that you have an inventory. Each year, people lose thousands of dollars worth of belongings through fire, theft or other disasters. Fortunately, many of those loses are insured, but when it comes time to fill out claim forms many things are overlooked if there is no inventory. Having an up-to-date home inventory will help you get your insurance claim settled faster and will give you the documentation you need to verify losses for your income tax return.
Estate Planning and Settlement
Estate inventory and valuation
- This legacy will be a comfort to your family and heirs. You can even narrate your video if you would like to.
- The inventory process allows you to establish the value of your personal property. This can be an important estate planning tool. In addition, ABACUS Inventory Services can conduct objective third-party inventories for estate settlement purposes.
Rental Owners, Landlords and Renters
- Landlords and Renters both benefit:
Perhaps you own rental property, or you rent a home or apartment. Landlords and renters both benefit from documenting the condition and contents of rental property. .
- Renters should document:
Renters should also document their personal property for insurance purposes.
- If you need to file a claim for loss or damage:
A detailed inventory will be a valuable asset if you need to file a claim with your moving company for loss or damage.
- Do you need additional insurance before you load up?:
An inventory of what you are moving with its value and condition documented allows you to determine if you need to purchase additional insurance before the move. Are your "high value items" adequately covered?
- Protect your business assets:
An inventory of your office equipment, and other business tangible assets documents your investment for insurance, lenders, suppliers, and procurement bids.
- Assess value and document collections:
Whether you collect stamps, coins, dolls, antique tools, firearms or other specialty items, an inventory will help you assess and document the value of your collection.
, Personal Property