WCPA has extensive rural, urban and intermunicipal planning experience in the west central region of Alberta. WCPA exercises customized, practical planning practices to effectively address the objectives and issues involved in each planning project.
WCPA works closely with communities (Councils, municipal administrators, landowners, other government agencies and utility companies) to complete land use plans and policies that are supported by stakeholders and applicable by municipalities.
The WCPA offers excellent land use planning and other planning services to member municipalities on a per capita annual contribution basis, as well as providing a range of services to non-member municipalities on a contract fee-for-services basis.
- land use bylaws
- area structure plans
- municipal development plans
- rezoning & design services
- day to day planning advice
The WCPA offers subdivision services to 22 municipalities in the west central region of Alberta. The processing of subdivision applications is mainly legislated by the Municipal Government Act and the Subdivision Regulation. The Agency strives to provide our applicants with an efficient process thus ensuring that all aspects of the subdivision process are completed in a timely manner.
- Pre-application consultation
- Initial processing and referring out the application
- Determine conformity to current and long term legislation
- Evaluation of subdivision proposals
- Recommendations to the municipalities
- Check conditions prior to endorsing the final plan
WCPA only accept cheque and/or cash for any costs associated with subdivision application fees.
Our CAD/Mapping Technician provides organizations, member and non-member municipalities with a wide range of mapping and air photo needs. The Agency is well located to process all your project requirements
- base mapping
- land use maps
- street addressing & plan index maps
- subdivision design
- air photos
- registered plan within west central Alberta