ALL ALPACA PLUS HOME - productcare
All Alpaca Plus
Dry cleaning, washing, Alpaca Products
The following instructions will help you in the process of washing, drying and storing the alpaca products from All Alpaca Plus.
There are two ways of washing your alpaca products (we do not recommend the use of a washing machine): hand washing and dry cleaning. Most products require only the first type. However, we recommend, if needed, a periodical (one year) dry clean. Other products (structured coats, finely woven items or accessories) should only be dry cleaned.
- Use cool water ( 85ºF/29ºC max.) and a mild soap or a human hair shampoo.
- Never use chlorine bleach. Woolite is not recommended.
- Remove any excess water carefully, avoiding any wringling or twisting.
- Dry the product in a flat position in the shade. Block the product, reshaping it to its original dimensions.
- By hand, carefully remove any wrinkles and straighten seams and facings. Never use a brush.
- After the product has dried, touch up with a cool iron as needed
- If you have a several pieces outfit we recommend that you clean it at the same time to avoid color discrepancies after the washing process.
- Inform the cleaner of any spot or stains.
- Ask the cleaner to use a fresh solvent in low heat and a process that does not involve tumbling.
- It is recommended that you go to a dry cleaner that has previously dealt with alpaca.
Storing and preserving your product
Before storing, make sure that the item is fully dry.
- There are various techniques to avoid damage resulting from the presence of moths. It will be better if you store the product in a sealed cedar chest, a freezer (in a zip lock bag) or any moth protected environment.
- Sachets using dried lavender are also useful.
- We do not recommend the use of mothballs.
, Dry cleaning