Revision Control Systems
Productivity, Engineering Corporation
Ready Engineering Corporation is a Certified Installer for the AutoSave
solution and through this solution, you will be provided with the following:
- Protected Version Control, library management,
and centralized program and document storage.
- Automated archiving of device program and document
- Detailed revision detection, documentation, and history
as well as audit trails.
- Seamless integration into programming application software.
- Protection guarding against accidental access to a
device through secured users and workstations.
- Rapid disaster recovery via a centralized, backed-up
- Automatic Change Notification via e-mail
This provides a secure, well documented, and controlled environment,
dramatically reducing safety concerns, downtime, coordination issues,
wasted effort, and administration costs.
Typical Concerns and Frustrations:
- The amount of automation is increasing and the number of automation personnel is decreasing. Housekeeping tasks are falling
by the wayside. Although most company policies include program back-ups, it only gets done when staff have the time. Which
usually means it doesn't get done.
- When a machine is down, where can you find your most recent program backup copy; in a drawer, on which laptop or in whose
- Multiple people are making multiple changes on multiple programs using multiple programming stations. How can you manage all
- Every company must find ways to cut costs.
- Every company must find ways to improve productivity.
What can AutoSave do for you?
- Program Archiving and Backup
- One secured location for automatic current and past program revisions, stored in a compressed format.
- Program Security
- Multiple users on your LAN have individually configurable access levels. Automatically lock access to a program
when that program is checked-out for revision.
- 21CFR11 allows for automatic electronic recording of signatures. AutoSave can be an important link in this process.
- Automatic Change Notification
- Individuals can be notified immediately by e-mail of when a change occurs, who made the change and why.
- Audit Trail of Program Versions
- Automatic audit trail of when changes occurred, who made the change and why.
- Process Validation
- Automatically compare the program currently running in a PLC to a stored version, to detect forgotten or unauthorized changes.
- Program Version Comparison
- Compare one program version to another. For most PLC types, the areas that are different are shown in the report.
- Increase Productivity
- Reduce wasted time and downtime while employees search for the most recent program version. Identify programs that have
a high frequency of change. Some attention here may reduce man hours and improve your product.
- Increase safety
- Only authorized personnel are given proper access to changing or downloading programs. Reduce mistakes from program
files being loaded into the wrong device.
- Saves you money
- Automated archiving, process validation, increased productivity and increased safety, all combine to improve your bottom line.