Rehabilitation, Utility Construction
As the innovative leader in pipeline rehabilitation, Michels has perfected a cutting-edge technology that rehabilitates an existing pipe without the need to break ground. We offer extensive pipe services to keep pace with the growing demand in the energy, transportation, telecommunications and utility construction industries.
- CCTV – Closed Circuit Television inspection equipment inspects damaged or deteriorating pipelines to view problem areas normally undetected by standard television equipment.
- Lateral Camera – Michels’ Line Launched Lateral Evaluation Television System (LETS) is a self-contained, portable unit for inspecting sewer service laterals, remotely working from a main sewer line.
- Line Cleaning – Our superior hydraulic cleaning equipment uses special application nozzles’ optimum pressure and flushing systems to remove blockages easily restoring pipe flow to full capacity.
- Cured-in-Place Pipe (CIPP) – No excavation is needed for this truly trenchless monolithic pipe-within-a-pipe application. With the help of premium felts and resins, Michels rehabilitates structurally deteriorated pipelines quickly, economically and in an eco-friendly manner.
- CIPP Internal Point Repair – This is a non-disruptive method for repairing localized structural problems in otherwise sound pipe. This point repair method rehabilitates damaged pipe from 15-61 cm in diameter and up to 3 metres in length without digging.
- Pipe-bursting – We have a tried-and-true pipeline rehabilitation method capable of actually increasing the diameter of the existing pipe. Pneumatically powered bursting heads pull in welded HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) pipe, resulting in an efficient, reliable installation process that can increase infrastructure flow capacity.
- Chemical Grouting – First developed in 1955, chemical grouting is the most cost-effective, long-term defense against infiltration and exfiltration of groundwater in structurally sound sewer systems. It is also used to stop leaks in sewer, manholes, tanks, vaults and tunnels.
- Segmented PVC Slip Lining – No profile joints rehabilitate existing pipes with a fast-to-install, low-cost structural pipe. Michels can install SPVC without cumbersome total pipeline bypass required by other processes and minimizes traffic control accordingly.
- Structural Rehabilitation – This involves any of the following techniques:
- dam restoration
- manhole sealing/coating
- pressure grouting/soil stabilization
- crack sealing
- epoxy injection
- joint caulking
, Utility Construction