Skilled and Long Term Care Nursing Facilities
The therapy team in a skilled nursing facility is specifically trained to participate in admission procedures, PPS/Care Plan procedures and to assist in the overall Medicare program. In all facilities, rehab departments will be trained in basic case-mix coordination.
The Summit’s management team is an extension of the individual facility’s team. The Regional Directors provide an added layer of expertise and utilization management. Our Education and Development department provides resources to address ongoing training and staff development issues.
The Rehab Department consists of:
• Program Director *
• Physical Therapist
• Occupational Therapist
• Speech Therapist
• Therapy Technician
(The number of therapists is caseload driven.)
* The Program Director, typically one of the rehab team members, oversees the rehab program, attends meetings, assists with admissions, coordinates paperwork, in-services and other vital rehab & facility needs.
The Summit Health & Rehabilitation expects to provide the following:
• Facility and family in-services & instruction
• Therapy screenings of facility admits, re-admits, quarterly care plans and nursing/family referrals
• Assistance with management of the Medicare Program
• Participation in facility/community activities
• Pre-admission screening assistance
• Participation in Fall, Restraint, Weight Loss committees
• Rehab/UR meetings
The Summit believes in the importance of allowing resident to reach their maximum potential. We can help you implement programs and interventions to address serious needs:
• Passive Range of Motion
• Active Range of Motion
• Wound Care and Prevention of wounds
• Restraint Reduction
• Rehab Dining
• Fall Prevention
• Contracture Management
• Transfer Training
• Restorative Nursing
We offer Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapists specializing in adolescent and pediatric populations. Our therapists are trained to comply with Medicaid regulations and provide documentation to include in students’ Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Our services include recommendations for classroom modification, sensory integration techniques, inclusion and pull-out therapy.
Hospitals and Other Facilities
Summit is able to accommodate therapy staffing and management needs for a variety of settings, including hospitals (acute, swing-bed, and outpatient), LTAC’s, psychiatric facilities, etc.