The quad BOP has a four ram configuration to provide positive protection against blowouts and to secure the well in emergencies. This permits work to be carried out, under pressure, on surface equipment while the tubing is still in the wellbore.
Our Enviro-Safe Dismantling System allows for quick and easy ram access, without any hydraulic fluid loss. By removing the actuator capscrews the actuators can be functioned back and away from BOP body. Once the actuators are retracted the rams can be removed for inspection, or servicing.
An additional attribute is the "internal plumbing" feature. Single point open and close ports permit operation of both hydraulic actuators for each set of rams. The requirement of harness hoses becomes redundant, thereby effectively reducing the number of hoses and connections.
BOPs are available in nominal sizes from 4 1/16” to 5 1/8", with working pressure ratings from 5000 PSI to 15000 PSI. The BOPs are useable in both standard and sour environments.
Standard ram assembly configurations are: 1) Blind seal rams - top set of rams that serve to seal-off well pressure when no tubing is present
2) Shear rams - second set of rams that serve to shear the tubing
3) Slip rams - third set of rams that serve to hold the tubing in place while shearing or for other applications
4) Pipe seal rams - bottom set of rams that serve to seal around the tubing, thus isolating the wellbore pressure below the rams
1) Available with a ported type connection which can be used for downhole injection
2) Available with a variety of hand unions, flanged or client specified connections.
3) Optional ram configurations
4) Operated with any hydraulic source capable of providing 3000 psi. hydraulic pressure
5) Manual lock holds rams mechanically locked in closed position
6) Manual override available in case of hydraulic failure.